Chapter Seven: Breaking The Rules

♢♡Evan♡♢

I sit on my hands as Jonathan kisses me goodbye and heads off to work. I look at my lap and sigh, looking up just to watch the door close. I rub my eye and turn on the TV, laying on the couch and picking at the pillow. My phone buzzes so I pick it up, but it's just Tyler again, Jon told me not to talk to him, so I won't.

Tyler - Evan please answer, I'm worried about you. It's been two days and you always respond! Text me when you get this

I just shut off my phone and it buzzes again, but I shove it under my pillow and ignore it. I just watch TV and try not to get lost in my own head. I hear Jon's ring tone and grab my phone, checking the text. I sigh and curl up, this again.

Jon - Sorry babe, work is going late today. My back hurts like hell, can't wait to get home. I should be home around ten, feel free to go to sleep without me

I sniffle and wipe my eyes, putting my phone down. He loves me, he loves me he promised that he loves me. It's not my fault his new job is demanding, it isn't his either. I just have to suck it up and get used to it. Y'know what, maybe I could try making that cake again. So when he comes home he might be happier.

Jon is a sweet talker, and he's pretty, and he's funny. Sure he's made some mistakes and I know that he's possessive but he's still the guy I married.. right? I had known him for three months before he asked me out and we were getting married four more months after that, Jon talked me into it.

We've been married for two years and it only got bad a couple months ago. We barely fought before that and he was lovely. I still love him. He..he still loves me. I hear a knock at the door and frown, stumbling over to the door. I open it and slowly look up, rubbing my eye. "Oh thank god" Tyler sighs, encasing me in a hug.

I gasp and go stiff in his arms with wide eyes, but I don't fight him. "Are you okay?" Tyler asks, cupping my face. I push his hands away and step back, looking away. "Oh my god Evan, what happened to your wrists?" Tyler asks, stepping closer to me. "G-Go away, Jon says I'm-I'm not supposed to talk to you" I say, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Well Jon isn't in charge of you, Evan" Tyler sighs, rubbing his forehead. "Where is he, anyways?" Tyler asks, looking around behind me. "He-He's at work. To away, Tyler, you're going to get me in trouble" I grumble, grabbing the door to close it in his face. Tyler puts his hand on the door and stops me, frowning.

"Evan this isn't healthy. Please just- come home with me" Tyler pleads, but I growl and push on the door. "Go away Tyler! Jon-Jon says that you don't like him and you want us to divorce!" I huff, pushing on the door harder. Tyler rolls his eyes "I don't like Jon! He sweet talks you, Evan! He cheats on you and you eat up his excuses because he sweet talks you. Please just- one day with me and you'll understand"

"No! Go away, Tyler! I'm breaking the rules and I'm going to get in trouble!" I shout, shaking my head. Tyler walks through the door and grabs my arms, but he's gentler the Jon ever has been. "Breaking the rules?"