Chapter 1

We had finally unpacked by our third day of officially living in Los Angeles. Well, not exactly Los Angeles, but Northridge, a cleaner suburb of Los Angeles. We still had to furniture hunt, though, but we would be doing that after my meeting with the ABC Family casting crew.

In the month I was gone, I had really missed this town. It was absolutely talent-packed and I couldn't have been more excited to explore.

My phone buzzed.

You're back in LA? Like for good?

When we exited the terminal only three days ago, I actually had a few paparazzi waiting for me. ME. No, I wasn't swarmed by them, but three was incredible to me. Anyways, those pictures made it into a few teen gossip magazines in the "True or False?" sections. It was "true" that "the talented Dianna Carter had straightened her hair and is moving back to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of acting. Way to go!"

Ross must have read these magazines or someone had informed him of them or something because this text signified that he knew I was back for good. He was in New York for Good Morning America or something.

I didn't reply.

My phone buzzed again.

How long has this move been planned?

I still didn't reply. I busied myself in my new luxurious bathroom getting ready for my meeting.

I was starting to get irritated when, guess what, my phone buzzed.

Where are you living?

Ha! As if I would tell him! I literally laughed out loud at that one.

When I was satisfied with my make up (I decided to contour my eyes and use foundation, powder, and mascara) I went to my closet of finally unpacked clothes. Michael had told me to wear trendy or upscale casual (I had to google that one) clothes.

I decided on dark skinny jeans, a teal peplum blouse, and my teal strappy wedges. I hooked a simple necklace with a pretty piece of sea glass around my neck before putting on a ring and earrings. I brushed out my straight, polished hair once more and took myself in. I looked pretty good, if I'm allowed to say that without being criticized.

I walked down the long hallway to the enormous living room and grabbed my keys off the counter. You heard me right. My keys. My dad actually bought me a car! I kind of freaked out when he did that. "Kind of."

It was a simple pale green Prius, and it was all I needed. Mom and dad were out window browsing for furniture, so I walked out of the front door and shut and locked it.

When I turned around, I saw the last thing I'd ever want to see at that moment.

At the house across the street were the Lynch kids, playing soccer outside. They must have noticed me, because the soccer ball stopped and they all turned to stare and murmur to each other. Ross's eyes were wide and his mouth slightly hung open.

The Lynches were my neighbors.

I quickly recollected myself and walked to my car parked in the driveway. After unlocking it and getting in and shutting the door, I hit my steering wheel quite a few times. When I looked in the rear view mirror, they were all still staring at me and murmuring amongst themselves.

I turned the GPS on my phone on and ignited the car and then drove away, all too eager to get away from there.

"Damn it!" I kept repeating until I was out of the gated community. I whined, "Why him?"

Why him of all people? Did I have a past life or something where I murdered a man to deseve this kind of luck?

I turned the radio on to the country station and drove to the ABC Family lot.

-----

I was sitting in front of two gorgeous women and one older gentleman whom I would assume to be attractive in his younger years. Is everyone in this business attractive? Do I fit in?

There was a tall, thin, dark skinned woman with wild dark hair and angular cheekbones and big hazel eyes. She was absolutely stunning. Her warm eyes gave of a kind and motherly demeanor. She introduced herself as Grace.

The woman to her left was shorter and Hispanic. Her tan skin was beautifully complimented by her chocolate eyes and nearly black, straight, glossy hair. Her large eyes made me nervous; I felt as if they were staring into my soul. Man, did she go to college for psychology or something? She introduced herself as Delilah.

The man who was seated on Delilah's left was pale and had greying (but not completely grey) hair and a mustache and connecting trimmed beard. His eyes were grey and wise, almost judgemental. His name was Carlisle.

"We've seen clips of your acting and singing," said Delilah, "So there really isn't any need for you to audition for us now."

Grace nodded and added, "You really are incredibly talented; far too talented for Disney Channel."

I blushed at that.

"And you have the most darling personality," said Carlisle.

"Thank you all," I replied as I tried to calm my blush.

"The show is about a theater-loving girl, Bethany, whose home had been destroyed in a fire which she doesn't know was set by one of her schoolmates. Her mother is friends with another woman in town, who invites them to live with her and her family in her large home. Little does Bethany know that her school's most popular and attractive guy is the son of her mother's good friend. Banters, friendships, arguments, and steaminess ensues," said Delilah.

That sounded absolutely incredible. I nodded with a huge smile on my face.

"So, Dianna," said Carlisle, "Will you be our Bethany?"

I did my best to not squeal and do a happy dance right then and there. "Yes! Yes, of course!"

"Great!" Grace said, a smile lighting up her face. "We'll have a cast bonding party on Saturday where you can meet everyone. Oh, and by the way, I love your straight hair."

"Thank you. Thank you all so much!" I cheer.

I had to fill out quite a few papers and some contracts, but I was out of there in about a half hour with a schedule and some other papers in hand.

This show was going to be popular, I just knew it!

And I was going to be the lead!

As soon as I got in my car and closed the door, I squealed and bounced around and panted for breath.

This was really happening! I was getting a lead role on a major channel!

-----

Hey again, everyone! I have a new fire in my eyes with the sequel! I think it's going to be so much better than DBH! I love you all for your support! Thank you all!

xoxo