Chapter 3

The music was loud. About fifty or so people were there and I grew nervous suddenly. I locked my car door and walked up to the bouncer at the front.

"Name please."

"Dianna Carter."

He let me through. When I entered, I saw tons of people grinding on each other as they held red and blue plastic cups. It reeked of alcohol and weed. It was when someone bumped into me from behind that I realized I was stood still in the doorway gaping at the party. I wasn't exactly a party girl, so this was my first party.

I whirled around professing my apology to whomever bumped into me. And, of course, it was Ross.

"My bad. You aren't a partier, huh?"

"No," I replied.

Over the speaker system, the DJ turned down the music and announced, "The final cast member is here! Would all of the cast report to the center of the dance floor?"

The floor cleared and I walked to the center, as seven others did as well.

The DJ announced, "From the lead female, go around the circle and state your name, your role, your favorite memory, and your biggest fear."

And I had to start. I stepped forward in the circle we had formed.

"I'm Dianna Carter," I began, "I'll be playing the role of Bethany. One of my favorite memories is when my mom took me ice skating for the first time ever. She's kind of overweight, so people kept staring, but she didn't care, and I admired that attitude. And, um... I'm not afraid of too much..."

I was afraid of losing my loved ones, but I wasn't about to let anyone in that close. I'm afraid of living my life in a painfully ordinary manner, but I wasn't about to tell anyone that. I would just tell them about one of my smaller fears.

"I'm afraid of walking on piers. They just freak me out."

Everyone let out a small chuckle. 

The guy next to me was the typical hot guy. His black hair was styled up and he had lightly tanned skin, a sharp jaw line, and these incredible pale green eyes. "I'm Ricky Jackson. I play Lucas, the male lead." he went on to list his favorite memory and his biggest fear. He was hot. No wonder he made the lead.

We went around the circle like that.

To Ricky's right was Liam Grayson, who played Ben, one of Lucas's best friends. Liam was tall and had a nice body. His nose was kind of big, but his big brown eyes balanced it out well. He had dark hair and dark skin.

To Liam's right was Emma Wright, who played Lucas's girlfriend, Mia. She was tall with olive skin and long dark brown hair. She had a cute nose and big brown eyes and full lips.

On Emma's other side was Rose Norman, who played Bethany's best friend, Natalie. She had a cute auburn pixie cut and her hazel doe eyes complimented her cute nose.

Next to Rose was Jace Lively, who played Lucas's best friend, Asher. He was absolutely hot. He was tall, muscular, and lightly tanned. He had a goofy smile, brown eyes, curly brown hair, and a small mole on his chin. The way he looked at me made my heart flutter. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

On Jace's right was Gabriel Lewis, who played Asher's enemy, Ethan. He was pretty attractive. He was tall and Hispanic with handsome bone structure. He seemed pretty goofy.

Amreet Mehra played Bethany's other best friend, Chloe. Amreet was Indian, and her appearance made it clear. She had tan skin, dark eyes, pretty lips, and long dark hair. She even had an accent, to which I could listen all night.

Once we had all been introduced, the DJ walked down and told us to sit down. He placed an empty beer bottle in front of us and then brought cups of something alcoholic to each of us.

"Spin the bottle!" he cheered. "You spin, and you can either kiss who the neck points to or pass! But if you pass, you have to drink! If you run out of beer, you spin once more and do seven minutes in heaven with whomever it lands on!"

Oh my goodness.

"Dianna spins first!" he called. I blushed like mad. I had only ever kissed Ross before. Ross. He was here. I didn't want him to watch me kiss other people.

I spun regardless.

The bottle turned and turned and turned until it landed on Ricky. He shot me a smile and leaned over and I leaned towards him too. It wasn't that difficult considering we were right next to each other. His lips met mine and we moved our mouths against each other for a good few moments before pulling apart. He was a pretty good kisser. Applause was rapturous after every kiss.

He spun the bottle and had to kiss Alice.

Liam had to kiss Rose.

Emma had to kiss Gabriel.

Rose had to kiss Alice.

Jace spun and the bottle landed on me. His goofy grin spread across his face. Rather than leaning in the middle of the circle, he stood and walked to me and held his hand out. I let out a little laugh before placing my hand in his. He lifted me up and I realized he was much taller up close. He brought his hands to my cheeks  and pulled me up to meet him for a kiss.

A kiss that was abso-freaking-lutely incredible.

He smiled, a small trickle of laughter leaving his lips as he slowly bent toward me, his lips grazing mine ever so softly. It was almost as if he was testing my boundary line. My hand instinctivly met the side of his cheek, slowly urging his lips harder against mine. It was as if every ounce of me wanted his lips on mine, to feel his hands as they traced the contour of my body. I pulled away ever so slightly to breathe, trying not to show just how vulnerable I seemed to be. My gaze moved from his eyes to his lips and once more his soft lips were against mine, one hand slowly but surely tangling into my hair. Each intake of breath was another reminder of what was really happening, his cologne, the way his hand tangled in my hair and the other securely held my waist, pressing my lips against his with a more urgent pace. Far too soon, he pulled away, a smirk on his face. Damn, he was hot.

Whooping and cheering and clapping surrounded us.

I bit my lip and smiled.

As I watched Jace walk back, my eyes caught Ross's. I couldn't exactly tell what he was feeling. He seemed emotionless. His eyes were downcast, but his jaw was clenched and his arms were crossed. Maybe he felt hurt.

Well, good, then. He hurt me. He deserved this, right?