24 and 25 - Not what I expected

----- ----- -----

[Ally's POV]

I've always wanted to say this, and now I can finally say it:

ELIJAH IS MY FREAKING BOYFRIEND OH MY GOD!!!!

And no, I'm not kidding.

I'm super happy, no, ecstatic, no, going crazy, but....

I feel kind of low. For some reason. I don't know why, though.

But it's not like it matters anyway, right?

Oh my gosh, I still can't believe we're on a date!

After that argument thing with Ethan, Elijah and I decided to leave him behind, then we headed to his house, in his bedroom, to watch horror movies while eating popcorn and stuff.

"I think the guy from earlier was the one who killed her," Elijah says, feeding me popcorn.

I swallow the popcorn and say, "Yeah."

We're quiet for a moment while we watch the movie.

"Since when did you like me?" Elijah asks out of nowhere.

My cheeks feel warm. Not that question. "Since...since middle school."

He laughs. "But I looked like a freak back in middle school."

I shrug. "I thought you were cute." He looks at me in surprise.

"Really?" he asks.

"Yeah," I mutter.

I stare down at my bowl, focusing on eating the popcorn, yet I feel his eyes on me.

"I thought you were cute too, to be honest," Elijah speaks up, and I blush hard.

"You were pretty. I kept staring at you," Elijah adds.

I can't take it anymore. He's being too cute.

He hesitates for a moment, but then leans in closer.

And closer.

And closer.

He was so close to me we were nearly ki --

Cue the bloodcurdling scream.

I gasp, glancing at the laptop.

Elijah rolls his eyes and pauses the video. Then he turns back to me, and our eyes meet again.

"You know, Ally?"

"What?"

"I really, really wanted to do this before," Elijah answers, slipping his arm around my waist.

"Do what?"

He takes a deep breath. "Do this."

He presses his lips against mine.

A/N: Thanks for watching! That, unfortunately, is the last chapter :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Lmao just kidding.

----- ----- -----

You expect me to be screaming right now, am I right? To be squealing, and fainting, and dying because he kissed me. I should start with this.

First of all, it wasn't like how I thought it would be. Not how it went like in my daydreams, not how I imagined it like, definitely not what I expected.

Okay, you're probably thinking I was expecting us to have a fancy dinner and then kiss. Or look at the stars outside and kiss.

Well you're wrong.

It was actually different.

And to be specific, it was a bad kind of different.

Like that kiss was wrong.

Like I didn't deserve it. Or maybe he didn't deserve it. Like I shouldn't have let him kiss me in the first place.

But...why?

Why do I feel like that?

I shouldn't; it's what I've always dreamed of.

So why do I feel like a traitor?

When Elijah pulls away, I stare at him, confused. "Why do you look so confused?" he asks.

I shake my head. "I, um, I don't know."

"Didn't you -- "

"I-I-I have to go," I stutter, jumping up from the bed. I slam the door open and rush outside, down the stairs, and out of the house, as if I'm acting out the climax part of Cinderella.

As I race out of the house, I bump into someone.

[Ethan's POV]

"Ally?" I say, startled. "What are you -- "

"I have to go," she says, but I grab her wrist in protest.

"You can't! What did he do, anyway?"

"He kissed me," she whispers, then runs away.

Well that's unexpected.

I shake my head.

I give up.

On what? On Ally? She's not mine in the first place.

Why would I be jealous of something that isn't mine?

Or more specifically, someone?

Ally belongs to Elijah. She liked him since the dawn of time. And now they're dating. And they kissed.

I...who am I? Oh yeah, any other 19 year old in Massachusetts, who makes kid-friendly YouTube videos and streams PUBG at midnight.

Oh and was made a Cupid by his former best friend who happened to be someone I'd fall for at the end.

Chances are she won't give up her new boyfriend for me.

But then again, why would she?

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I half wonder if it's Ally. When I check, it's not her.

Move on, Ethan, I tell myself.

Summer: Hi Ethan! Want to hang out today? ;)

I sigh, irritated. I'm still pissed that she kissed me, when she knew she shouldn't have done it. I'm about to delete her message when I change my mind.

Ethan: ok. Where should we meet?

After hitting send, I heave another sigh. Summer's going to help me. She's going to help me forget Ally, forget our conversations together, forget our memories....

This would be a tough challenge.

A/N: Hi.