13 - Kiss Elijah Best

----- ----- -----

Kayleigh eagerly opens the front door.

I loudly clear my throat.

"Happy Birthday Kayleigh.
You're finally 19 years old.
Happy Birthday Kayleigh.
Guess what? You're getting old."

She rolls her eyes and reaches to swat me. "That's the most horrible song I've ever heard in this century," she groans.

"Gee, you ruined my dreams to be a famous pop star," I say dramatically.

"You're welcome, Ally," she giggles. "But thanks. Hey, you're all dressed up nicely, why?" She takes notice of my outfit -- skinny jeans, a white tank top, a denim jacket and matching grey converse. It might be a little too casual for some other girls, but for me it's meant for special occasions.

Like today.

"Because it's your birthday. Duh."

She rolls her eyes again. "Right. Last year you walked half a block in pajamas to get to my house. Seriously, Ally, you look like you're going on a date."

I chuckle. Little does she know I am going on a (kind-of) date with Elijah in the pizza place.

And she's going on a so-called blind date with Ethan.

This is going to be a really big day.

"Yo, Allison!"

As if on cue, Ethan drives pass here, waving from the driver's seat.

I look at him then back at Kayleigh. "Uh, wait here." Rushing towards Ethan's car, I ask him, "What the heck are you doing here? I thought we were supposed to meet in the pizza place?"

He shrugs. "Nah. Did I tell you about my idea?"

I raise an eyebrow. "What id -- "

"Hey, Ethan." Kayleigh suddenly appears right next to me, and I jump in surprise.

"Hey," Ethan responds, scratching the back of his neck. Ooh he's nervous.

"Why are you guys here?"

"Oh, uh -- "

"They're coming with us!" I answer my best friend. "I invited them to join our little celebration. If you don't mind you know."

Kayleigh gives us a funny look. "Oh. Okay."

"Kayleigh!" Ethan yells. "Can you sit next to me?"

Desperate.

"Uh, sure?" Kayleigh says. She slides next to Ethan, the passenger seat, after shooting me a what's going on lol look. I just shrug.

"Oh, by the way. Where's Elijah?" I ask, opening the door in the back.

Cue the sweaty palms.

"Hey, Ally," Elijah grins. I look inside the car, but obviously I have to sit next to him. I do, before gritting my teeth.

I bet Ethan freaking planned this. This has to be his idea. I have to get him back later.