31 - I sort of, kind of, pretty much like you

A/N: Y'all ready for this chapter? :) this is where it aLL happens so GET READDDDYY

31 - I sort of, kind of, pretty much like you
----- ----- -----

When Summer pulls away, Ethan's face is red.

"Ally," says Ethan, "it's not what you -- "

I run away. I run so fast, as fast as my feet can carry me, out of the trees and to the road. I run back to the houses. I may look like one of those cliché girls who get hurt because their guy is kissing another girl and would suddenly start crying and running away, but I keep my eyes dry as possible.

I have to be brave. I'm not going to act like the fourteen-year-old Ally who cried just because her crush Elijah, didn't go to her school in freshman year.

And why am I running, exactly? To escape. I'm planning to go back to the Bests' house, but it would take fifteen minutes, even if I'm running, so maybe I'll just be in a corner of somewhere and try to think things through.

I run to the corner of a nearby house and cross my legs. I place my head over my hand.

Summer kissed Ethan. And they're dating.

And I'm...well....

A person.

A person who broke up with the guy she's always liked just because she likes his brother.

But his brother is dating this girl named after a season and they kissed.

You know what, this is why I shouldn't listen to Kayleigh.

I regret everything.

I should've never met Ethan in the first place. Why didn't I think DMs were enough? Why did I have to go through the I-like-Ethan stage?

We could've been just friends. Just best friends.

Nothing more.

But look what I'm doing? Upsetting over him because I'm jealous.

But remember when we went to Between the Lakes together?

He doesn't deserve me.

But remember when we went rollercoasting together?

I should've stayed Elijah's girlfriend.

But remember when he saved you?

But I still like him.

"Ally?"

I look up. Ethan's staring at me, frowning.

I don't even bother to make my run. I just look straight ahead, silent as possible.

He sits down next to me, but he remains silent too, thankfully.

"Kayleigh is not my girlfriend, and she kissed me. I didn't kiss her, and we didn't kiss either. She kissed me. And to be honest I hated it."

I don't say anything.

"If all you want is for me to kiss you, then maybe I should do it," he says all of a sudden, and I blush deeply.

He's going to WHAT?

"What -- " But before I can reply, he kisses me.

And I don't really care if this sounds cringey, but...

It felt right.

I'm completely and utterly speechless.

He just sits and waits for me to speak. I hold up my finger.

Then I take a deep breath. "You -- you -- " I say breathlessly.

"That's okay," he says. "I'll give you time to breathe."

"Ethan," I say, "I sort of, kind of, pretty much...like you."

Oh crap, that took a whole lot of effort to say.

He just keeps a straight face. "Meh, I could already tell when you ran away. No biggie."

I stick my tongue at him. "So, sorry?"

"Sure," he says. "Oh and by the way, Ally."

"What?"

"I like you back."

A/N: I'm not crying you are :')