Chapter 13: Quinn

"Hi, mom, how was your meeting in Cleveland?" I finally came to ask. My mom sat in her office as she was typing on her laptop.

Not even bothering to look up, she answered, "Alright. Can you please shut the door on your way out?" Before I could take a seat, I bit my lip and retreated.

"O-okay. I'll see you at the table, then," I said before exiting and shutting the door. At least she said 'please.' Usually, she doesn't.

I went back to my room and found Nate lying flat on my bed as he threw a baseball up in the air and catching it. I shut my bedroom door which captures his attention. He gets up and sets the baseball back on my lamp table. "What took you so long? Well, what'd she say?"

Right. I left Nate to talk to my mom and I have been gone for half an hour. It took me longer than usual to build up the courage to talk to my mom.

"She didn't allow me, but we're still going anyways. She can't just know about it," I shrugged. I walk over to my closet and grabbed my pink Nike duffle bag. I sat on the carpeted floor of my closet and brought out the things inside the bag.

"You're such a rebel, my Queen," he smirks. I ignored him. I will still not forgive him for what happened in New York or with Eric the last time.

"What are you doing?" he asked, taking a seat next to me.

"I'm checking if I have all my necessities in here," I reply. I got up and grabbed some clothes off from the hooks and undergarments from the drawers.

"Look who is being so prepared to go to this trip that she was supposedly forced to go to," he grinned and I glared at him.

"Don't even be playing around with me right now. I still hate you and the only reason why I'm preparing for this trip is because in case I want to leave you, I can just easily take off. I have my passport, debit card, cash, phone, and skittles in my bag. All I have to do is buy a bus ticket."

"You can't hate me forever," he casually says as he walks towards me. "I'm lovable."

I arch my brows at him. "You're so full of yourself, Nate. You irritate every nerve in me."

I push him away and he sighs. Zipping close my bag, I drag it by the strap and lifted up on my bed.

"Well, are you all set?" I turn to ask him. I see him just coming out from my closet. He looks for his car keys in his pocket then walks over to my bed, grabbing my bag.

"Let's go," he muttered. I watch his back as he exits my room. Before leaving, I grabbed the baseball from the lamp table and set it back to its frame on the bookshelf.

I peeked in my mom's office before I snuck behind our butler. I always have my suspicions that he was the one who tells on me.

When I told Nathan that I hated him, I didn't really mean it. Hate is a strong word and it takes only so much if I do feel that way for him. The word is dislike. I strongly dislike Nathan.

We were okay until he took me to New York. Since then, we went straight back to square one.

I'm not mad at him just for what he has done. I'm mad at him at what he said. They were words I could never seem to forget. I don't think Nate realized how much his words hurt me that night. He should know best not to mention anything bad about my troubled life with my family, especially with my mom. He should have known too that I can be naïve and sensitive sometimes.

"Do you mind telling me how Nash found out about us going to New York last week?" I noticed Nate has asked me as he drove.

"I told him," I shrugged my shoulders.