Chapter 40: Nicole

"Okay, so I was thinking you guys can go ahead and do what you all want to do today," Nash starts as we begin to eat our breakfast as well. I sat in between Ryan and Quinn. Across us were Nash, Nathan, and Ryland. At either end of the table were Ashley and Clara.

Ashley and Clara have been getting along pretty well. This vacation was turning out very well for everyone, I guess. Ryland was having the best time. Quinn and Nathan are close to getting back together. Nash and I were back together. Then, there's Ryan. He has been too quiet these past days.

So, I nudge him on the side to get his attention. "Hey, what do you want to do today?"

"I don't know. I guess whatever the others want to do," he shrugs. He looks at his food then just stares at it.

"Didn't you want to check out the Hollywood sign?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I do," he tells me."But like, all you guys have different plans on your own and I have no one to go with."

"Well, I don't have plans right now with anyone. Unless, you want to invite me to tag along with you," I shrugged. I look forward and see Nash's face. I furrow my brows at him.

"That's great. Right after breakfast, let's go?" Ryan smiled.

"Go where?" Quinn butted-in.

"The Hollywood sign. You want to join," Ryan said.

"Of course," Quinn was quick to say. I noticed how Quinn and I both snapped our heads forward simultaneously. I'm guessing she is looking at Nathan.

Nash was still giving me the same expression. I furrowed my brows at him again. "What?" I mouthed at him. He shakes his head then turns to his food.

I looked over to Quinn who was already looking at me. We both shrugged our shoulders at each other.

"Well, I've already gone to the Hollywood sign when I was a freshman. I'm going to have to skip on that. I'm probably just going to the spa," Clara added. Ashley sat up straight at that idea.

"I'll tag along with you," Ash said.

"Ryland, what about you?" Quinn asked.

"I want to go to a skate park here," Ryland said. He looks over at Nash and Nathan, hoping they will accompany him. And there's the perk of getting back together with Nash. I was partially in control.

"I'm sure Nash and Nathan would be happy to go with you, huh?" I suggested, eyeing Nash. I give him a hard stare before he finally gave in.

"Yeah, that sounds fun," Nash awkwardly and slowly said. I noticed that Quinn hasn't given Nathan a single look after.

When each of our plans was set out, we continued eating our breakfast. One by one, we left the table. Nash was first to leave then Nathan afterwards. In about another minute, I received a text from Nathan to meet him up at the same place from last night. Then, I realized it was Nash.

I tried to hide my phone from Quinn, but she soon became suspicious and I eventually have to tell her. Ryland got up and left. Ryan asked us about being sure on tagging along with him before he left after.

"You two do know that we are friends with slick people right? And that, we know when something fishy is going on by now," Ashley starts. It pulled both of Quinn's and my attention to her.

"We're also not clueless as you guys are," Clara added.

Quinn and I both arched our eyebrows at her. "What are you two trying to get to?" Quinn asked.