Chapter 43: Quinn

It was so quiet; it began to feel awkward for everyone

It was so quiet; it began to feel awkward for everyone. Nash couldn't wait any longer. It was half past 4 in the morning. Summer excused herself, saying that she was going to get everyone a cup of coffee.

Nash helped Mrs. Lancaster sit up. Nicole and I sat in the corner, silently and nervously. "It's nice to see you, son," she said to Nash.

"Mom-Louisa, I respect you so much. I really love you, but I have been waiting for so long. Can we please just cut to the chase? I want to know the truth," Nash said calmly, taking a seat on the chair next to the bed.

Louisa just smiles at him then turns to me. "Soon, Nash, but will you mind telling me who is that other girl next to your girlfriend," Louisa said, looking directly at me.

"That's Quinn. I brought her here before. They are best friends and she's like a sister to me, too. If you want her to leave, I can't tell her to leave like that. She was there for me before and I want to include her in this," Nash said. I smiled at what he said. It was the sweetest I have heard from today and that just made my heart melt. "Also, because she is my future sister-in-law," Nash added and that just ruined it.

I rolled my eyes at him as he looked back at me with a smirk.

Louisa heaves a deep breath in and out then looks at me again in the eyes. "Nicole, Quinn, please bring your seat here," she said. Nicole and I exchanged a questioning look but we do as asked. "Do you love Nash?" She asked.

I didn't know who she was referring to—me or Nicole? But of course, it should be Nicole. They are technically dating or something.

"Yes, she does," Nicole and I said. We both turn to each other with a smirk.

"You two do think alike. No wonder Nathan was so frustrated by it," Louisa mentioned. And I honestly hated hearing his name. I don't know. It just ruins my day.

"Mom, we did not come all the way here to-" Nash started but was quickly cut off by Louisa.

"Your mom," Louisa said. "Your mom, she loves you so much and I know she still does. You just need to be understanding. She has been through a lot with her parents. But she loved your dad, Nash."

"Lancaster, right? He is my real dad," Nash asked.

"Yes, dear. He is your real dad. They were in love. After your mom graduated, she found out that she was going to need to marry someone else and that broke her heart. Your mom, she was the only child so she followed every command of her parents," Louisa said.

"Okay, can we just give names," Nash asked, a little irritated.

"Eliz and Eli were in love but because of Eliz being an obedient child, she ended her 2 year relationship with Eli. Eliz asked for a break, or gap year, before she finally signs the documents and marriage contract. Eliz travelled the world but little did she know that she would see Eli. Some things happened and so you were born. Her parents found out about you. They wanted her to have abortion so she secretly gave birth to you then gave you to me. Eliz was a good old friend of mine, but I didn't know back then that you were Eli's son. Eli and I got engaged when you were just turning one and that's when I found out. I didn't tell Eli about it until years after. Eli got furious so that's when our marriage started to crumble," Louisa continued. I observed her face carefully, seeing her teary eyes.