Adventure 01

Dionne Greene

"What the hell." I cursed as I stared at the Demon who appeared right in front of me. It has pointy ears and a head full of wooly curls with ancient features, deep black eyes and a roguish smile. Below the waist, the Demon has two lithe legs.

Shit!!

The Sparklers inside the village began to panic. The elders were running towards their home. Some rushed off into the woods while some of them were outside currently battling the freaking demon.

I immediately created a barrier. I assume, the Great freaking Demon Lord is the reason behind all of this mess!

Aish! Fallen Sparklers! You are all getting on my nerves!

I quickly scanned the place and went to the nearest field with an open area. I need to divert the attention of the demon here. This demon already caused a lot of damage to this village, and I need to refrain that from happening again.

When everything was set, I tried to get the attention of the demon.

"Hey, ugly monster! " I shouted at the demon who's busy destroying the whole place.

It immediately responded to what I've said. It turns around from where I was standing and quickly runs towards my direction. As he ran through the village, he cut down posts and houses leaving a wake of mild destruction in his path.

But before it attacked, I already gave him a full blast of my sword, sending the demon to the ground.

Unique skill: Sticky Thread acquisition successful!

I smirked.

'Fighting is fun, only when you have acquired numerous skills.'

"Roar!!" It growled and made eye contact with me. It did not waste time and walked towards the direction I am currently standing. The ground shook as it made an advancement. 'Seems like he is doing just fine even after my attack.'

He ran towards my direction and slammed his hammer at me.

But before it could even hit me, I immediately rolled to the side.

However, the demon was so fast that before I could even land on the side, it's already on its way to attack me again.

Argh! I screamed in anger and hatred. I positioned myself for counterattack.

Good thing I have fast reflexes so I was able to dodge it, Now I have to do a counterattack. This battle is not going to go anywhere if I keep on dodging his every move.

I closed the distance between the demon and myself.

"Unique Skill: Sticky Thread" I casted on the skill I just obtained earlier. A sticky thread flew through the air and wrapped around the demon which caused the demon to fall.

I mentally screamed. 'Take that!'

The demon wiggled but the thread didn't budge, preventing him from making unnecessary movements. Nuh-uh!

Those threads are thin but strong. Too thin to be seen and to be detectable by any kind of Sparkle.

As it wiggles around once more, the thread causes damage to the demon's skin. Blood slowly came out from his wounds.

The Demon groaned in pain. Even so, the tragedy didn't last long. For some reason, the demon managed to break the thread and escaped from it.

What? Don't tell me this is a Class-D Demon? What the hell?! Jeez, looks like I don't really have a choice but to use one of my special attacks.