Adventure 12

Dionne

"The moment Dionne casted the Sparkle, do not waste any time and attack the Mankin, got it? Remember, this is our only chance." Licht instructed us and we all nodded in response.

Everyone scattered and got on their respective positions.

I am not even sure of what to do with those Sparkle Stones. I just informed them what I know, but Licht insisted we should at least try.

I'm breathing heavily as I am nervous, but I was able to calm myself down. I closed my eyes as I stood still.

Flashbacks came rushing onto my mind. Numerous scenes kept playing over and over.

'Come on, try to remember those things, Dionne.'

"Enthéto." I unconsciously said as I felt Sparkle stones being embedded in my body. I opened my eyes.

There's something inside me burning. I do not know what, but I looked at my hands and noticed a slight Sparkle surrounding it.

It's already taking effect. I read this in books but seeing it happened before my eyes is a different matter.

I turned my gaze to everyone. They're raising their hands and gesturing an okay sign.

Though, these Sparkle stones will only have a small effect. Not as powerful as my original sparkle but it's okay.

You see, there are two types of Sparkle Stones, natural and synthetic. Natural are stones that are natural and were captured in places rich in Sparkle.

In our case, the ones I have in my body are synthetic. They are Sparkler-made, which is why the effectiveness is not as high as the natural one. Besides, this stone that I have is so small that it wouldn't even last an hour in continuous usage.

"We only got a few minutes, grab this chance to attack the Mankin— nonstop." Captain Licht informed us. I stared at him for a second, I can't believe he's entrusting this quest to me.

I thought he was belittling me.

"Though I am unsure whether this would work—"

"You heard Dionne. Let's do it. Let's give it a try." He cut me off.

"However, my knowledge is only limited. I can only embed the Sparkle stones for a few minutes."

"It doesn't matter."

I smiled. I summoned my sword to make diverse attacks.

Seeing how he thinks so highly of me, I can't disappoint him.

I tried using my Sparkle. I kept on throwing some hellfire on its back while the others were aiming on the creature's feet.

I even casted Sparkle to support my guild's weapon to enhance its effect. Shortly, I noticed how Licht, Vanne and Dermian took a few steps back.

Looks like they are now on Defensive stunt while the remaining three are on offensive then me as a support.

I can't abuse the Sparkle that I have now. Seeing this Sparkle Stone is effective even in this kind of place, we can't let it go to waste. That's why I was only in the support-stunt right now.

We had no other choice.

I continued casting Sparkle on their weapons as I threw blazing fire right on his face.

I saw how Klauss lure the Mankin at him as he sliced him without stopping. Then Licht who's on the rear suddenly appears out-of-nowhere above the Mankin.

Mankin are weak when it comes to jump attacks, from what I have observed after minutes of fighting. Seeing how Licht was able to grasp the situation as I am, makes him worthy of being a Captain.

As the Mankin's focus was on Klauss, it would open up a chance for the others to attack, which is enough for a critical hit.

I immediately supported Licht's weapon and gathered much more Sparkle than before.

Finishing this early is our priority. Who knows how long these Sparkle stones would have an effect.

For the finishing blow, Licht summoned his other sword and slashed his enemy with full force, engraving the half of the sword on Mankin's body.

Everyone was breathing heavily as we watched how the Mankin slowly dropped on the ground with Licht's sword remaining on its body.

Concurrently, Klauss made his way on the Mankin to check if it was dead.

Minutes after, Klauss turned his way on us and gestured a victory sign.

With such a gesture, I dropped to the ground. I lay down. I can now feel the exhaustion from the battle that we had.

Finally, it was all over.