Adventure 09

Dionne

"Fuck! This is bullshit." Suddenly, multiple curses were heard as he tried to attack aimlessly. I can see how Dermian squeezed his hands into fists while looking at our enemies. He's turning red out of anger.

He ran towards the creatures near him and gestured something, ready to attack.

"Mirror Sparkle: Double Reflection." He casted but nothing came out. His enemies started slashing their weapon at him. But Dermian dodged them effortlessly. Hopeless, he returned to our side.

My attention was focused on Dermian's, that's why I failed to sense the energy coming in my direction. Suddenly, a ball of dark rage appeared out-of-nowhere. The attack moves with celerity acting and appearing only a blurred image as it passed through my side.

Because of that, the walls behind us shattered into pieces. Small rocks flew and scattered on the ground.

"Shit!" We all muttered as we made our way on the other side. Tsk.

Not far from here, I caught a glimpse of something, staring closely and grinning from ear to ear at our side. I glared at that freaking creature.

That freak! I can clearly distinguish that I'm his target! Luckily, I was not hurt.

"Argh! Fuck those Mankins, fuck these fucking creatures, fuck this Island, fuck them all!" Clover cursed in disbelief.

She's currently having a duel with one of the creatures. I tilt my head as I watch her. I'm unsure whether you can really call that fighting.

I mentally slapped my forehead. I don't know if I should laugh or what, but I cannot really help it.

What kind of duel is this, really? Clover and Vanne are on the other end of this place, they're a few meters away from us. Unlike Clover, Vanne is dealing with her enemies head-on.

I took a quick look over our enemies.

They're such a pain in the ass. They're freaking many! If I am not mistaken, they are more or less twenty in total.

Gosh, what are these Creatures? And where the heck is that Mankin? We are supposed to fight him, not his puppets. Also, I'm clueless of what kind of creature we are really fighting.

They're like Goblins but at the same time, not really. Goblins are small and green, but these are black. Each has a round eye in the middle of its forehead. They all had a black , sallow skin. And that made them so freaking creepy!

I shouldn't make conclusions, not until we find the mastermind of this chaos. That Mankin, you'll surely pay for this!

Clearly, we are being out-numbered. Besides, we cannot even use our Sparkle. Just how in the world can we defeat these monsters? Even so, we have to buy some time and survive until we are able to think of something.

With that, I started attacking one of them. I tried casting Sparkle but failed. I had no other choice, all I could do was dodged every attack.

We continue the same strategy a few minutes more.

"Guys, we can't continue doing this. We're just wasting our time!" Klauss exclaimed and we all agreed.

He's freaking right. We are just wasting our energy and time if we don't have any clear objective.

We all looked at one another. Without words escaping from our mouth, we huddle around in a circle.

"So, what's the plan?" Vanne asked, getting impatient. Her eyes didn't leave the monsters. Our enemies, on the other hand, are watching us and slowly making their way to us. I turned to Licht's side, he's getting weird because he's not saying anything.