Adventure 03

Dionne Greene

The battlefield was filled with effluvium of death. The battleground of the grave was lubricated with greasy berry-red blood spurted from the Lizardmen's wounds.

"O Holy Spirit, grant me the power to illuminate evil. Please bring down the wrath of judgment!"

I blurted out as the Lizardmen all around me turned into dust and got swayed by the wind. The surroundings, which were painted by blood were now back as it is, like nothing happened.

'Phew! Well, that was easy.' It ended way too early that I expected.

Even so, I am still pissed! Ms. Evergarden gave me the easiest quest they have! How insulting!

They really think I'm freaking weak? Hmph! I can burn that freaking Grafeio in just a snap!

Nevertheless, this whole freaking thing is really fun. For the reason that I finished the quest ahead of time, I decided to familiarize myself with things around me and this Kingdom.

As the evening rolls, the sky became pitch-black. The milky stars filled the sky with various patterns.

In the serenade of black, the trees danced in choir gently swaying in its caress as a haunting ballad of ancient song called upon me.

As I walked, the moon guided me through the night.

Shortly after, I stopped and glanced in all directions.

I can sense something with such an immense level of Sparkcules.

I made my way cautiously, silently to the place which I proclaimed the uncanny thing came from. I used my Sparkle to hide my presence. I cannot let them know I am here.

The second I saw the scene before me, I had to blink a few times to be sure I am seeing things right. Sparklers, dressed as something that screams money, struggling to fight against their enemy.

Only one man was left standing while the other two were laying uncomfortably on the ground having both terrifying wounds. Amidst the situation on the battlefield, the most noticeable one is the enemy.

W-what happened here? I took a glance at the opposing force, stunned seeing an Orc. It was looking quite different.

An Orc? A mere Orc!

What the hell?!

"Normal Skill: Evil Web Rings!"

I heard the man casted as he ran and jumped to attack the Orc. I saw how his expression turned ugly. He scoffed while looking at his enemy, notwithstanding, he attacked.

His Skill was able to trap the Orc.

"Ahhhhhh" The Orc growled and wiggled trying to get out of the man's web rings.

Not wasting any time, he began to charge his Sparkle once again to assault his enemy.

"Ice Sparkle: Ice Spikes."

He stretched his arms backwards and crystal-like blazing energy began to form within his palm. After some moment, he releases a powerful glacial force which shoots like an arrow towards his enemy.

He ran again and was about to unleash another attack but the Orc got away from the web rings the man made. And with a fleeting motion, the Orc strides forward with its claw ready to strike the man.

"Arggh!" I heard him grunted with one knee on the ground and a hand supporting his body. Gradually, the man lost his balance and dropped.

I felt bad for that man. I clutched my clothes, contemplating whether to help the man. Is it alright for me to intervene? I am still new around here and was planning to stay hidden and live a quiet life completing the quest. This is unnecessary.

I turned to leave and did not turn back. I was about to walk back when suddenly I heard his plea.

"P-please, someone, s-save me." His pained voice begged.

In a split second, the Orc flew away to the ground.

Haist! I couldn't just ignore his cries. I hate it when someone is having a hard time around me. I could not afford to walk away just like that.

The freaking Orc groaned. Hmph! I eyed the three Adventurers and casted a Recovery Skill to heal their wounds.

"Fire Sparkle: Fire Recovery Robe"

Being brought by an unknown force from the ground, they began to levitate.

Floating in the air while their wounds slowly heal due to the red thing surrounding them.

I smirked.

"Fire Sparkle: Fire Phoenix"

With one swift motion, I threw numerous fiery rages. I kept on repeating the same moves a hundred times over.

Several minutes passed, the Orc was slowly dropping on the ground. There was so much blood gushing from each of its own injuries.

'Take that! I'm no ordinary Sparkler.'

I flipped my hair after that. Gosh! That was exhausting!

I eyed those adventurers I happened to just save just now. Our eyes met momentarily.

Now what?