Adventure 13

Dionne

Three days have passed since my first official mission with my new guild. From those days, all I did was rest while Litch reported back to the guild master.

There was a lot of explaining to do with regards to the mission so it took a lot of time.

I got up as I made my way to the door of my room. I unlocked the door and scanned everything outside. It was still dark and I guessed most of them were still not awake.

During my stay here at the headquarters, I noticed that there weren't any maids and knights, which I think is kinda weird since this place is located in the capital.

Besides, I figured they would always have someone around since they are probably nobles, are they not?

And oh, I already exchange some of my gold bars into their currency. The merchants were shocked and suspicious with the amount of gold bars I had.

I mean, what they saw wasn't even half of my inventory. Still, they gave me the money. of course I used a fake identity and had my hood on so as to not reveal my identity.

With this money, I bought shoes, clothes and robes that are trendy in this Kingdom. On top of that, I bought comfortable clothes which can be used in quests and missions.

With this, I can walk now without anyone eyeing me with weird gazes.

The next day, I planned on checking with long swords and visiting Zen's store. I was planning, but the guys pulled me elsewhere to buy some shit and made an excuse that I should visit the Town Capital. Of course, we wore robes to hide our identity.

I still don't have an idea who they really are, aside from their names. But I couldn't say anything since I am just doing the same.

"To the Grafeio first." We all nodded in response.

"I guess it's time to get our next quest." Demian stated.

"Can we do that after a week? I'm still hungover from the last time." Clover groaned.

"You know we can't do that, Captain's incharge of selecting our quest."

"Lame."

"Can't we choose on our own?" I asked.

"It wasn't the case before but since our rank rose to S-rank, we only focus on dangerous quests or we accept anything that the guild master asks us." She briefly summarized.

I only nodded after that. S-rank, huh? I'm still baffled on how they were able to come up with the decision of recruiting a low-rank adventurer like me.

Perhaps, keeping tabs on me? I'm not sure myself.

We continued walking until we reached the entrance of Grafeio.

As we walk in, voices of numerous adventurers can be heard. I was in awe for a second. This is the only time I was able to fully assess the whole surrounding.

It was really huge. There's a large board which displays quests to take and a counter which I supposed received queries and such for their members.

I looked at my guild. What are we doing here if we aren't even allowed to choose the quest we wanna take? Investigate, I guess?

I don't know.

I decided to look at the board. Captain is supposed to pick the quests as a whole but he didn't specify I shouldn't take an individual quest, right?

I smiled at the thought. Let me sneak out later.

"By the way, when are we gonna celebrate our victory last time?" I heard Vanne asked from my side.

"Probably one of these days before we hop on our next mission." Kiev answered unsure.

"Oh, I wonder who's gonna pay?" Klauss stated while singing trying to tease someone.

I heard a loud tap after that. "Like hell with that!"

"Don't be stingy, Clover. True friends are supposed to share hardships, are they not? Now is your time." Klauss continued teasing.

We all laughed at that.

Upon checking the Grafeio we went to the back side of the Adventurer's Guild..

Apparently, this is where we sold the items from the creature we slayed last quest. As an adventurer, apart from gaining coins by completing quests, you are also allowed to sell valuable items from the creature you encountered.

Fangs of a certain creature can be used to create crafts. Feathers and their skin are quite useful too.

And also, we are paid for discovering the unusual cave. Hmm, let's say we are offered a huge amount of money in exchange for that.

We are loaded.

"I've never seen this many high class creatures all at once." The butcher with awe seeing the monsters we defeated.

Even though it was a goblin. It was on a different level. Its skin differs from a regular goblin.

"Would our knives break if we tried to cut the skin? It looks harder than I thought." His companion asked.

"I entrust all of them to you, Keld." Kiev said.

"Of course. Leave them to me. Being entrusted with such a high class creature sure got me fired up."

We're about to leave when Clover stops on her tracks.

"By the way, I sold yours too, Klauss." Clover stated.

Klauss had a confused expression on his face. "Sold what?"

"The ores we found in the cave." She answered while smiling at him.

"T-that! I need that for my sword! Yah!" Klauss snapped at her but Clover was still unfazed.

Oh, that. I remember him boasting about the ores he found in the cave. According to him, it was a high grade ore which is hard to obtain and can be sold at a high price in an auction.

"I was short on money for our celebration. True friends are supposed to share hardships, are they not?" She expressed while pouting. She then continued walking out like nothing happened.

Everyone couldn't contain their laughter.

Oh, Clover. What a comeback.

Klauss was left frozen on his spot, and couldn't even process what happened. "How does it feel being shot by your own words?" I asked while holding my laughter.

Dermian and Vanne tried to console him. "Don't mind." With their arms shaking preventing themselves from laughing at their friend.

Klauss sighed in defeat. "Fuck."