Adventure 08

Dionne

"Where is she? Is she trying to piss me off by being late?"

I fidget my hands as I heard Licht's voice from afar. Oh gosh, I'm so dead. I tried to calm myself down. I heard how the others tried to convince Licht to wait a little bit and I couldn't be more thankful because of that,

He wouldn't kill me for this, right?

As I tried to sneak in, I stepped on something that caught their attention, especially Licht.

I am so dead.

As soon as he saw me, he glared at me. "Why are you late? It's your first day of being a member of our Guild. Just because we picked you doesn't necessarily mean you're so great. Don't think highly of yourself." He stated as he looked at me with disgust.

I pursed my lips trying hard not to say anything.

'Calm down, Dionne. He's your new Captain now.' I convinced myself.

I look at his direction while fake smiling. "I was just informed yesterday." I reasoned out, trying so hard not to roll my eyes in front of him.

"Still. Be punctual."

Pssh! He really wouldn't let this pass, huh? I tried so hard not to curse him.

"Captain, just let it pass. We don't have much time." Vanne tried to reason with him. Licht did not say anything but walked away and went to Kiev's side.

I breathe in relief because of that as I muttered my thanks to Vanne.

She winked at me and gestured with an okay sign. Thankfully, Licht didn't do anything to me aside from mocking me. Should I be glad of that? Tsk.

Since I am still unfamiliar with them, I stood quietly as they discussed. As I did that, I caught Dermian's eyes. He winked at me while Klauss, who was beside him, greeted me also with a thumbs-up.

I smiled and greeted them back too.

They continue discussing a few minutes before they make their way towards us.

"I assume you are all informed about this Quest, am I right?" Licht said as we all nod our heads.

"Mankins use other creatures to attack the Kingdom. The reason on how they were able to control these creatures and amplify their Sparkle is still unknown." He started his speech.

I unconsciously nod. Even I have no idea how they can do this.

"They are scheming beings which threaten The Fantastique Kingdom. Some of you succeeded in eliminating them when they attacked Forest Huessaff, but that doesn't stop there." He stepped forward eyeing each one of us.

He eyed us intently using his familiar dark and cold expression and said, "We still have to defeat the source of this chaos to avoid any other severe consequences. We're going to give it our all in this fight, did I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Captain." We said in chorus. I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. This is my first quest with them, I have to do my best.

Lost Island

The path halted and a cave appeared. After an exhausting walk and battle, we arrive at our destination. I stood high as I gaze upon the cave before us.

It has veins and twigs which surround its side. It looks so creepy.

"Argh, finally! We are already here!" I heard Clover say as she lay on the ground. Kiev and Klauss just shook their heads as they saw what she did.

"We still have a long way to go, Clover. Get up." Kiev could not contain his temper as he scolded Clover.