Chapter Eleven

Jack's POV
It was getting late so we decided to go back home. Gabby sobered up quickly so we had no problem getting her home. We arrived at the house and we go in to see all the guys doing handstands.

"Wh- you know what I'm not even going to ask." Gabby said and she went upstairs.

"Come on Gabbernator come join us." Nash said while running after her. Okay I'm really really confused.

Matt was eating some goldfish and Carter snuck up behind him and took them. It was so entertaining to me to see him take the food away from Matt. Matt screeched and went after Carter. Cameron decided to start saying 'mine' all over again and Aaron was playing patty cake with Taylor. Shawn was playing his guitar while singing an original he made called 'Never Be Alone' and at least he was the only normal one here. I turn around to see Nate and Sammy playing patty cake also. Jack and I decided to play hang man. Gabby came downstairs with Nash and once she saw us she turned right back around. I laughed and Nash held her waist and carried her to the couch.

"I want to be near normal people for once!" She whined and everyone laughed.

"Well you have to deal with us now don't you lil ma" Nate said and she glared at him.

"I swear y'all guys make me feel like I'm losing brain cells. Shawn give me your guitar." Shawn looked at her with surprise and looked down at his baby. He was debating on to because he loved his guitar. He's more possessive over it than he is over muffins. Everyone looked at Shawn and he nodded his head hesitantly. Gabby took his guitar and she started to play 'Mine' by Taylor Swift.

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
You were in college, working part-time, waiting tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk, with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love, if it never lasts

I say, "Can you believe it?"
As we're lyin' on the couch
The moment, I can see it
Yes, yes, I can see it now

Do you remember, we were sittin', there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Flash forward, and we're takin' on the world together
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes

And we got bills to pay
We got nothin' figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes
This is what I thought about

Do you remember, we were sittin' there, by the water?
You put your arm around me, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe, for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine

Oh, oh, oh, oh
And I remember that fight, two-thirty a.m.
'Cause everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out, crying, and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the goodbye,
'Cause that's all I've ever known
Then, you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone"

You said, "I remember how we felt, sitting by the water.
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time.
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter.
She is the best thing that's ever been mine."

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing, that's ever been mine
Do you believe it?
We're gonna make it now
And I can see it
I can see it now

"Now I know why they want to give you a record deal." I said and she smiled at me. God I love that smile.

She not yours anymore so stop thinking about her like that.

My subconscious told me and I just know that it's right. I get up and walked to the kitchen. I hear footsteps behind me and turn to see Gabby.

"You okay?" She ask with sincerity and I just keep falling for her more and more.

"Yeah of course I am. I'm just hungry and a little dehydrated. So how are you and Nash?" I ask her as I get out some leftover fried chicken and water.

"We're good. He's been so sweet to me and I just feel like a lucky girl around him." Her eyes sparkle when she talks about him. She looks completely in love with him. J was right. Our relationship was toxic...if you even counted it as a relationship. I believe that we loved each other it's just maybe it was the wrong time. Don't get me wrong I love her with all my heart and I know she loves me too, but I think that Nash will make her happy. I'm still with Madison so I should keep my priorities on her. I know Gabby is the love of my life but Nash is the person for her.

I'm happy for her. I'm so glad that she's happy too. Everything is going to come out right in the end. I believe that and I know that Gabby believes that. I love her and that will never change.