Part Seven

Janae in MM

"Titi go to my room and sleep ok baby?"I say rubbing her back and she nods,Janae waves at her as she leaves the room.

"I really am sorry Miracle...I've just been going through it lately."

"Me too Janae but I would never take that out on you.Cuz you are my friend...Well....Ion know anymore."I say playing with my throw pillows and she sighs.

"I know...Look,just let me get this out and then you can choose to forgive me or not..."She says and I nod.

"Go 'head."

"You already know bout my mom...but I found out last week that shit has gotten so much worse and she needs 24 hour care now."She says starting to tear up and I really feel for her.Janae's mom is her life.She started stripping to pay for the medical bills once her mom got sick with breast cancer.

"I'm sorry Janae..."I say rubbing her thigh and she nods before continuing.

"Between my rent,her rent,and the medical bills things was getting tight and I knew another bill was coming at the end of this month so I was scared.You were talking bout how good David pays and I panicked and went for him...I figured you didn't need him as much as I do."

"You're right,I don't need him.But you coulda just came to me and I would set you up.Janae you're my best friend I would do almost anything for you."I say and she smiles hugging me tight.

"You really beat my ass though Miracle."She says and I see her trying not to laugh.I bust out laughing cuz I knew she'd feel that shit in the morning.

"Sorry but you pushed me pretty hard bitch."I say and she sucks her teeth before laughing.I'm happy we could talk this out and put it past us cuz I really hate dealing with bullshit."You hungry?"

"Yea but I gotta go see my moms before work tonight...You working right?"

"Yea I'm 'posed to but I need to find someone to watch the kids."I say and she nods as she gets up.I forgot to look yesterday for a babysitter so I know it's gonna be hard to find one last minute.

"Aight I'll see you tonight...I love you bestie!"She says hugging me and I laugh hugging her crazy ass back.I walk her to the front door and let her out before going to check on the kids.

****

"Aye call me back lat--"Devon's voicemail says for the hundredth time and I hung up.I could not find a babysitter and I gotta go to work.I tried asking for the night off but you know Reef wasn't having that.

"Ok baby go get your backpack."I say to Deandre and he gets up from my lap.

"Are we going to daddy's house?"He asks and I nod as he goes to his room.I know Devon said he can't watch them tonight but I at least need to see if he's at home and maybe is willing to take them.

"C'mon Titi..."I say picking her up and she holds my neck.Deandre comes back out with his backpack on as I pick up her bag.We leave the house and start towards his...

"Answer the door Devon...."I say knocking again as I shift Titi in my arms.His car is in the driveway so I know he's home.At this point I'm 10 minutes late to work and I'm bout to just give up when I hear the lock finally turn.

"Miracle what are you doing here?I told you I couldn't watch the kids tonight."

"I know and I'm sorry but I couldn't find anyone to watch them and I couldn't get off tonight."I say feeling desperate as fuck even though I shouldn't have to beg him to take them.