Part Sixteen

"I'm outside."I say into the phone as Devon picks up.

"Aight I'm coming..."He says sounding like he just woke up and I hang up and just wait for him.After a minute or two he's at the door and opens it for me.

"Hey Devon."I say as he rubs his eyes and he nods before hugging me."You just woke up?"I ask as we enter the house and he nods yawning a little which makes me laugh.

"Me and the kids took a little nap."He says just as we get into the living room and I see the kids lying on a blanket on the floor.I" don't even remember going to sleep to be honest."He says and I laugh sitting on the couch.

"They look so cute..."I say as I pull my phone out to take pics of them.

"Send me those."He says and I chuckle nodding.After I take a couple and send them all to him,I turn to him as he's getting their bags packed."I'll help you take them to your car.."

"Why you tryna kick me out so soon?"I tease and he looks at me before laughing.

"I'm really tryna go back to sleep before I go to work but you can chill for a minute."He says but I shake my head.

"Nah I was just kidding,I don't want you to be tired at work.We gotta be somewhere anyways..."

"David?"He asks sitting down and I nod biting my lip.He doesn't react how he used to react and I appreciate how mature he's been lately.I look up at him and notice how good he's looking today.

"Devon you look good."I say just giving him a compliment and he starts cheesing like fuck.

"Yea this my "I don't need a Miracle" glow."He says and I bust out laughing at his stupid ass joke.

"Shutup!You always need a Miracle."I say and he sucks his teeth playfully before laughing with me.After we calm down I really look at him and his skin does look good."But for real your skin is glowing bih!"

"I've been using some of those face masks you used to use."He says and I look at him surprised as hell.

"Ok but when I wanted us to do them together it was a problem?"I ask and he shrugs so I hit him.I always wanted to be one of those cute couples who do face masks together but he never wanted to do them.

"Well we can do them now cuz they slick fye as fuck."He says and I laugh nodding as I get a text.

David 🤤- On your way?I got a surprise for you

- Just picked the kids up bout to leave
What is it??

David 🤤 -You gon really fuck with me Miracle

- I already do fuck you mean?😭 we'll be there in like 20 minutes

David 🤤- Aight love you

-😘😘😘 I love you too David

"Damn you really feeling him..."Devon says as I look up from my phone and I just couldn't hide my smile.

"Yea...We gotta go but I'll see you tomorrow Devon."I say and he nods getting up with me.He hugs me briefly and then we get the kids ready and in my car.They're like half asleep as we head over to David's place...

******

"Stop whining Deandre."I say popping his hand but of course that doesn't help.He wants me to carry him but I'm holding Titi so I can't.

"What's up with you Dre?"David asks after he opens the door and Deandre reaches for him.David carries him and I smile at that,he then uses his free hand to pull me closer to kiss me.