Chapter 4 ~ How You Start A Relationship

Chapter 4

                  “What’s with scowl? If you keep that up your face will get stuck like that,” Megan said when she sat down.

                  “I don’t get what game he’s playin’ at,” I said shaking my head. I really don’t know if he’s trying to make a fool of me or not. He keeps telling me that he’s going to do something for me, to wait for him, or come meet him some place, but every time Fakir never shows up. He’s been doing it all week and acting like he forgot afterwards. “Just look at ‘em.”

                    “Maybe you should take the rest of the day off. Yeah, he’s hot, but his not really interested in you. I’ve never seen you act this way about a guy, but you’re letting him play you,” Megan was just wasting her breath. There was something going on, but I had no idea as to what.

                    “What’s with you?” she asked as I got up from our table and stormed over to another. Jenna Von had just went and sat next to Fakir. Jenna had practically glued herself to him. She was with him before school, in between classes, and at lunch. I think it’s safe to bet that they’ve hung out after school as well.

                    “Yeah, that test was so hard. I hope I did good on it,” Jenna said. She had one of the highest GPAs in our grade, there was no need to worry about a test.

                    “I’m sure you did,” Fakir said.

                    I stood awkwardly in front of the table. This was some kind of joke, nobody had even noticed me. “Ahem!”

                     “Oh…hey, Windsor. How have you been?”

                      I rolled my eyes, I really didn’t need Jenna’s pleasantries. “Yeah…Fakir?”

                     Everyone was looking between Fakir and I, waiting for one of us to say something. I refused to show weakness and break eye contact, but the longer I stood there doing nothing the dumber I look. Just when I’m about to fold, he speaks.

                      “I was saving a seat for you, but you sat over there so I figured that you were mad. I didn’t want to bother you if you felt that way,” he had turned the tables on me. The girls were giving him sympathetic looks like I had wronged him so. The guys didn’t seem to care either way.

***

                        “No, no, no! That wouldn’t work, him publicly humiliating me. It’s best to just ignore him,” I said to myself after running the choices I could take in my head.  This new kid has to be the most troublesome person I have ever came across. Ignoring him would be the easiest.

                        “Windsor, you look stressed out,” Meagan said in between sips of her iced coffee.

                        “What are you talking about? I’m not stressed,” I lied. I didn’t need her thinking that a guy was stressing me out and on top of that he wasn’t even interested in me.

                        “Well you look like it, you should sleep more. Only two more weeks until Winter Break! I’m going to get a Christmas present everyday,” she said with a bright smile.

                       “What don’t you have?” I laughed.

                      She shrugged her shoulders. “I guess I’ll find out,” Meagan being Meagan was enough to get my mind off Fakir.