Chapter 8~ Cat and Mouse

                 Dealing with Fakir all this time has made me worry less about school. For the first time in a long time, I had no idea what my grades were. If I didn’t care about my ranking, I would have gone on with this blissful ignorance, it was easier. So dressed in my almost rule breaking best I headed to school with intentions of raising my grades.

                 Fakir had made a habit of taking me to and from school, but today I was going to take my baby. My car had been sitting in the drive way untouched for weeks now. It was time for the neglect to end.

                  “Wow,” Fakir said when he met me at my locker.

                  “I know, I’m amazing.” I ran my hand through my hair.

                  “I didn’t know one person could put so much make up on,” Fakir said with a smirk. I slapped him across the chest. I only did my eyes with only a little extra mascara and a shiny nude lip gloss rather than my regular clear moistener.

                  “You don’t know what you’re talking about,” I rolled my eyes.

                  “I was kidding. You look beautiful. Why the change?” Fakir asked.

                  “I didn’t want beautiful, I wanted hot with a bit of easy. I’m grade raising today and my targets are English, History, and Biology. I would try math as well, but Mrs. Sanders isn’t into women.”

                  “I knew you weren’t as smart as you were leading on to be,” Fakir said with a look of disbelief.

                  “Your jokes aren’t funny. I would be in the top ten percent with my grades I earn. But I fall within the top five. I work hard for my grades. Just because they aren’t all received in tests and quizzes, doesn’t mean they don’t mean anything.”

                  “I guess you’ve told other people this before.”

                  “I have. Well first period is about to start. Talk to you later,” I said as I headed off to class.

***

                 English, the old man was too easy. Leaning on his desk giving him a good view of the ‘girls’ while twirling my hair. I asked, “Is there any extra credit I could do to raise my grade?”

                 “I already stated at the beginning of the year that there wasn’t going to be any extra assignments. Besides you have an ‘A’ in my class,” he told me. It was almost cute how he was trying to play the part of the strict teacher.

                  “I know, but I really want to do the best I can do and I don’t think my grade is reflecting that. Are you sure there isn’t anything that could be done?” I gave him my killer doey-wide eyed look with half bitten pouty lip.

                  “Well…” It was in the bag. History played out pretty much the same way except Mr. Giles was a leg man.

***

                  “How’s the grade raising going?” Megan asked me once she sat down at our table. She was still a little bit upset Swayze ended up being an asshole, but she got him back good. She locked his keys in his car and before he noticed. Megan actually got Swayze to strip down to what Mother Nature gave him in her front yard. Before she stole  his clothes and ran in her house. She said she didn’t understand why people called him a legend. There wasn’t a single thing ‘legendary’ about him.