Chapter 9 Young and Stupid

              “Windsor, why won’t you talk to me?” Fakir asked me at my locker. It’s been over a week since that afternoon. He still doesn’t know I over heard him, but it hasn’t stopped me from letting out my anger.

              “Cause you know, we’ve been pretending to go out long enough to have a pretend fight. So stop talking to me. Stop hanging around me. And stop coming over to my house,” I spat at him.

             “No one knows where you live,” he said calmly, treating me like a spoiled child.

             “Small details,” I said using his own words. I slammed my locker shut.

             “What’s wrong,” Jenna asked Fakir. She didn’t have any classes on this hall, so what was she even doing here.

             “I’m not sure,” Fakir said looking at me.

             “I’m fine. You just worry about yourself and have fun with your good friend Jenna Von!” I yelled and marched off. I know I was being childish, but I just couldn’t get rid of this hurt feeling.

***

            “Windsor, what’s going on between you and Fakir? He doesn’t even know what he did wrong and everyone is starting to think you’re crazy,” Megan said. I think I am crazy. I could care less about what any of those simpletons say about me, but Fakir.  For some reason I couldn’t get his words out of my head.

            “Show her to the world, for what she really is.”

            “Are you taking his side?”

            “I’m a neutral party, but I’m all for calling you crazy. But really what’s wrong?” she asked moving the out of my face.

            “It’s okay, don’t worry about it,” I said giving her a fake smile.

            “It’s okay? We both know that’s a lie, but I’ll drop it.”

            “Thank you,” I said and really meant it.

            “But I’ll find out,” she hoped up and headed for the door.

            “Megan!” I called out.

            “Windsor!” she shouted back in a playful way.

*******

            I went through the next few days in full bitch mode. And for those that were unaware of this monster of emotion I was, got it the worst. All the while Fakir was trying his best to fix it even though he was going in blind. I guess it was time to give this up. I wasn’t even that upset anymore and I’m tried of Megan prying about what’s wrong.

           “Were we ever really friends?” Megan shouted at me from across the lunch room table.

           “What?” I had no idea what she was talking about, I’ve stuck by her side since I met her Freshmen year. Why would she be questioning our friendship now?

           “You know, I always thought it was strange that in the four years I’ve know you. You never once invited me over to your house. Do you really think I’m that shallow or do you just not trust me at all?” Her words were coming out so fast it was hard to grasp them all.

          “How do you know where I live?”

           Megan started to laugh humorlessly. “I guess it’s both. Everyone knows and since I’m so shallow. I can’t be seen with the likes of you,” she spat.