Family Gathering

Chapter 4

    Family Gathering

      I called the driver not to pick me up from school. I slowly walked home from school and looked at my knuckles that had glowed into bright red. As the wind blows towards my direction, I quickly covered the openings of my blouse.The wind surround me with coldness and discomfort. My hair sweeped across my face blurring my vision. As I wanted to turn at the junction, I saw a couple of trucks parked in front of a  mansion. New neighbour?

        I walked up to lend a helping hand. I saw a young man around my age walking out to carry boxes in the house. I decided to help out. I carried a box full of picture frames and lamps. I couldn't help but looked around the house. The designs on the wall attract me the most with unique paintings of greek gods.

     " I'm sorry but it's rude to look around my house without asking permission, you know?" said a voice that had a slight french accent from behind my back. I swiftly turned around and saw the same young man earlier on but in close view.

        " I am truly sorry. Hi My name is Maya. I live across you and I don't think I've seen you before. Welcome." I said without missing a bit with a slight guilt written on my face. I can see he was amused at my sudden move on introducing myself.

       " Merci Beaucoup. My name is Laurent. Do you usually come in to people's home like this cause' I'm afraid I need to install more locks." He said brushing his hair to the back and rubbing his neck. He had dark brown skin, curly raven hair and dazzling green eyes.

       We talked and talked for about an hour with my arms still glued to my chest to avoid it being exposed to him. We finally ended our little conversation after an hour or so. He is schooling at Beackly High. Ooooh yes! [Achievement Unlocked: Maya earned a new friend]

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

   I walked up to the front porch and saw both of my parents car near the fountain. THE LETTER! I ran inside and saw my parents waiting at living room. Nathan gave me a we're doomed look as he sat on one of the gold painted seat.  Nathan, what did you do this time..

        " Maya Elisabeth Williams, Take a seat beside your brother."

Mother said not looking at me and saw my father with tense looking face. I trembled as I walked towards Nathan.

        " Both of you are a major disappointment. Your father and I had left an important meeting for the sake of you both. This is the first week of school and this is what we get from raising you with wealth?! " Mother raising her voice making Nathan jump.                                          Disappointment ? Sake? Raising? I couldn't take that nor can I cry out my anger.

     " Mother, firstly you didn't raise us especially not Nathan. I was raised by the company and personal maids. Secondly , I did not see both of you on my 5th birthday. I was disappointed. The only thing I received from the both of you is an apology letter! Last and for most,for the sake of your happiness, we never tried to beg for anything. From the latest gadgets to the latest trend items." I breathed in hard not letting a single strength let lose as I saw my mother's eyes shock towards my rude respond.

     A strong force landed on my face pushing my face to the side. I could hear Nathan gasped in fear. As the force lift, pain tingled on the surface of my cheeks.

     " And Nathan...What is wrong with you? Playing with scissors and razors. Are you out of your mind? " She raised her hand about to hit Nathan. I grabbed Nathan to avoid him from getting hit as I closed my eyes. Nothing happened.

   " Enough. Just stop. You kids are grounded for a week. Now go to your room. No dinner for both of you." Finally my father spoke. As we walked up the stairs, we could still hear them bickering over who's right and who's wrong.

  Yeah. It didn't end well. Well better luck next time Maya. Anyways, How was it? I know the story didn't end that good. I tried okay. Gosh. Don't judge.

Leave a comment. Merci.