A close shave

Chapter 5

      A close shave

         Everything went black. I pulled myself together and I felt a thunder coming through my head. I couldn't move without a single pain poking my skin.My throat was dried out. My heart felt as if it had been bruised. I peeked open my eyes, only to be greeted by angry clouds and the sound of rain as it crashes onto earth. I saw a man with familiar green eyes and soft brown curls. Laurent. I saw his smile of hope as he whispered for me to stay awake. But I can't.

    What happened before this? How did I end up here?

          I saw images of my family smiling and laughing . I saw Nathan. Finally, His face showed over flowing happiness and that smile that brightens my heart. Flashbacks are the scariest. I squeezed Laurent hands for comfort and he squeezed back gently.

         I suddenly heard sirens and loud buzz, breaking me away from my memories. Laurent warm arms broke away from my cold body.

      "She's.....breathing...needs......... medical attention....any broken bones.Hospital.... " A voice said followed by rushing footsteps. I was lifted up and heard the doors shut. Machines was being turned on and the beeping noise started.I was forced to put on a mask as the air pushed through my lungs.

     " W-what h..?" Each word hurts to speak out loud.

      " Hon, Your job is to just stay awake. The more you speak, the more blood rushes out. We'll explain later. Don't you worry sweetheart." The nurse snaps.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

      I woke up to see my torso wrapped up tight. A bouquet of roses was sitting on the side and a little note hidden inside.

     "Matin Madame,

      I'm sorry I couldn't be there to see you. I left this on the first night you were in the hospital. I actually met Tasha. So ,you did lie when you said you had no friends. Cheeky little brat. Anyways, rest well.

Love

Laurent "

      I wonder what that bitch told him about me. Oh no , She's not taking any friends from me. Never will I let that happen again.....and again. Pushing her aside, This letter is the cutest thing ever. No I do not have a crush on him. Why I would I like a guy with curly brown hair,warm green eyes, perfect lips and a workout body? Well a little bit but that does not mean I like him!  Okay..why am blushing...

       Few hours later,body guards came marching in and I knew who was the celebrity. Yay the fun begins. My mom walked in with hair bun up, elegent dress that stops at her knees accompanied by a black coat that daggles on her back, high heels and prada bag. She slowly sat down beside me and brush my hair off my face. I felt so angry at her but why. I don't remember fighting with her. She pull up her chin to face me. Her eyes became watery.

    " I regretted everything I did to you. What you said the other night was ......t-true. I'm so-orry..." My mother placed my hand on the side of her face as tears slide down sincerely. I'm confused. What other night?

      " Mom, I don't remember  what had happened between us and how did I end up in the hospital? " I wiped her tears with my free hand. She glance at me and hug me tight, placing my head on her chest as I heard her heart beat. I'm actually shock. She never hugged me before. I wonder what I said the other day.

     Mrs.Williams POV.

    Maya doesn't remember what she said to me. She didn't remember that painful memory. It was my fault for over reacting.. Let me explain. I am not her real mother. yes plot twist. Her biological mother left this ugly baby and I , the faithful women whom her father cheated on decided to adopt her. I kept her from the truth. I never liked Maya. Ever since I layed eyes on her. She looks just like her mother. I let her grow up thinking that I'm a busy mother and that I have difficulty finding time for my family. I think that explains why she has no fashion sense. I never gave her one. She doesn't deserve my talent.

      She finally lost her memory. Well I guess I have to recreate one. Isn't my acting perfect that I actually fooled her for 16 years. This time I'll let her have a Happy Family. I need her trust before she finds out about her mother and that's when I need my acting most.

So , Taa- daa. I know it's a little late. Yes There's a plot twist. Be patience. How long would Mrs.William be able to keep the truth? Leave a comment :)