Messed Up

Chapter 10

     I reached back home to Beverly Hills. The smell of familiar warm air. The purple-blue sky greeting me as the car drove by. It was beautiful to be back even if going back means to regain bad memories. I sat in the car silently enjoying the sound of the car engine and chatters of the leaves near-by. The car turn and there it is. The white mansion standing so proundly. Surrounded by tall and sharp bushes. Sounds something like home or...cage.

     The car stopped in the front near the fountain and I went out to grab my bag. Lau stopped me while he held my arms, a little too tight. He looked at me. His tired blue eyes and his hair all messed up. Strangely he still looks attractive. He open his mouth ready to speak but hesitates. He looks down on the road. He pushed me towards the bunker. He face an inch away from mine. Then his soft warm lips met mine yet again.

    This time, I didn't reject. I didn't care anymore. Our tongue dances smoothly together. His hands reached my neck and pulled me closer. I didn't move an inch. I let my arms support my back. He didn't dare touch any where inappropriate. He knows I wasn't ready. His touch on my neck and his warm lips didn't disappear even after he released me. I didn't react, I just walked in my mansion without looking back at him. Without realising, a smile tugged my lips. My first kiss was beautiful although he would probably felt like he kissed a solid wall and not a girl. I entered the mansion and Nathan was half way walking past the living room when he glance towards the door. He was wearing a turtle neck blouse and trouses. It's summer and his wearing long clothing. How unusual.He ran towards me and gave me the most comforting hug. I miss this little devil. I manage to look at his face clearly when I saw a bruise near his left cheek. Nathan probably sense that I was looking at his cheek as he quickly released me.

      " Who did that?" I managed to grab his arm before he walked away. I looked at him in the eyes. I wasn't messing around.

     " M-maya, it's nothing. I fell on the floor. You know how clumsy I am.." His eyes glance to the floor and back up to me. He gave me a reassuring smile. I never trust that smile.

    " Nathan, enough. The floor wouldn't do much damage to your face. That mark looked like someone hit you. Who was it and why?  Please..Tell me." I gently touched the bruise as he winced. I felt guilty for not protecting him and I only cared about myself. This is terrible. I'm terrible.

    " Dad. B-but before you rage on. He had the reason to create this bruise. I got into detention for fighting and when dad was lecturing, I spoke back... you know how it goes.." He hangs his head down. I looked at his blue eyes that turned misty. I wanted to shout at my father for causing this but i wouldn't. Not infront of Nathan. He has enough. We both have. He must've followed my behavior to talk back.

    " Listen Nathan, You know it is  wrong to talk back. EVEN if what is being spoken is false. I know I did it once but i didn't know, you of all people would follow me--"

    " Then who should I follow?! I have no one to look up to ! Only you..." He pulled his arm back and ran back to his room. Nathan shuts his door with a loud bang. I just stood there. I did not know what to do. I dazed off and plopped myself on the leather sofa. It felt so hard and uncomfortable like how I'm feeling right now. Two weeks of not returning home and all of these happened ! I heard footsteps in the kitchen. I turned around and saw my father. He walked in with a bottle of beer in his grip and stumbles everytime he takes a step. His suit all crumpled and torn. His hair messed up and hazel eyes looked dark. He had a grin like a child receiving candy.

     " Dad, you've never drunk before.." I slowly walked up to him.

    " I-I'm not d-drunk.....I'm..D-Dad." He swayed his arms around and points at me. He really doesn't have a sense of humour..He stumbles forward and I could finally smell beer piercing through my nose. He throws his jacket over my head and said.

    " I n-never kneww a pole could talk." I have never been so insulted in my entire life. He walks up the stairs singing nursery rhymes. I'm just too tired to digest what just happened. Aaah forget it. I'm going to bed. As I walked up, I heard slapping noises and ceramic being dropped. I ran up towards the corridor and went to my brother's room. Nathan was on the floor crawling away as my dad hits him with a wooden board. Where the hell does he even get a bloody wooden board. My dad swings back his hand with the beer bottle. Everything felt like slow motioned. I ran towards Nathan and pulled him towards my chest. I couldn't move Nathan, afraid I might hurt him. My back was facing my dad. I bit my lips as the beer bottle crashed towards my back,hard. The sound of broken glass pieces rang in my ears. Mama(Mrs.Anderson) rushed in with a couples maids trying to stop my father. He was trying to grab the frame. Adrenaline pumps in when I knew I had cuts on my back. I carried Nathan as gentle as I can and ran to the infirmary. Two maids saw me and trailed behind.

      " Help me clean up his cuts. I'll go call the doctor." One of the maids stopped me before i leave the room.

     " Lady Maya,You're bleeding...badly--"

      " I'm fine. Forget about me. Just help Nathan." I walked out and called the personal doctor. I went to the room where the mess started. Chef Mike was carrying my dad back to his room. Mama was kneeling on the floor picking up the broken glasses.

       " Mama, are you alright? You're not hurt are you?" As looked at her face. Her brown locks bun up.Her pretty blue eyes. Her wrinkled face and her warm smile.

      " I'm fine sweetheart. I think should leave it to me. I'll clean these up. No buts Lady Maya. You get those cuts clean while I pick up the broken pieces. Go on love." I walked back towards the infirmary. The personal doctor is here. I finally manage to look at Nathan's face. All bruised up. His back wrapped up in white cloth with patches of blood. His arms shivered. I couldn't help but broke down. I finally got my back stitched up. I stood beside Nathan's bed. Tears streamed down with utter regrets. I saw more bruises on his legs and on his neck. I should've known. My mother enters the room and stood beside me.

      " Why did you meet that women?" I don't know whether she's blind but doesn't she sees Nathan on the bed covered in bruises.

      " Lets talk outside."

      " I said Why did you meet that women?"

     " Nathan is alseep. I don't want to wake him up. He had enough." I raised my voice towards the last sentence and walked out the door. She followed behind.

     " Now why--"

     " I met her because I wanted the truth. You and My father held the truth for the entire 17 years of my life. Did Nathan tell you this?"

     " Oh He didn't tell me. I forced it out." She gave a menacing smile and she glance at my face. So it was her doing.

      " How cruel can you be..Your own son. You are ruthless."

      " I am ruthless! Took you awhile to realise. You must be dense. I never liked children. I never liked you either. You and that pathetic son of mine are useless. I was planning to kill you both anyways once I get my money. Oh about your father. I introduced him to the best drinks in town. Love it when he goes crazy. Ahah " She lights up her cigarette and blew it to my face. She better be thankful I don't know how to cook or I would have fry her.

  I went back to my room and cried away. I couldn't help it. Crying may not help heal anything but it sure helps me to see things in a better view.I felt so..dead but somehow my body manage to drag me to the bathroom. I sat in the bathtub as my arms move the way a violinist would playing his instrument but the only difference was that my bow was the razor and my arm was the instrument. Every drop of blood that fell to the tub was music to my ears and satisfaction in my heart. Never shall i forgive myself for putting Nathan in danger.