Wonder

Chapter 7

       I woke up and saw the rising sun dispersed the chill of the night. Crickets creaked and birds chirped merrily. Where am I? I sat up right and saw the magnificent sight of ancient trees and lush green fields.  Awestruck, I just sat there and stared at the surrounding without a word.      Suddenly, the surroundings turned dark and errie. For the corner of my eyes, I caught a glimpse of something moving. My heart skipped a beat. I stopped and listened intently as I cast furtive glances around me.

    Nothing. Not a soul.

I couldn't locate where I was. Goose bumps crawl over my arms. "Some..body....P..please...Hel..p

..." My voice trembled. A tingling sentation ran down my spine as I felt a hand against my shoulder. My body was forcefully turned around and suddenly felt warm as my head was rest against a woman's chest. I slowly peeked at looked up. Her skin was silky, her eyes wide and smilling and her cheeks gave off a rosy glow as she looked at me. I couldn't recognize this beautiful woman.

   " Who are you? Why are you hugging me?" I managed to croaked even with the shock.

    " It's been a long time. My little princess." She said as she brushed the back of her soft hand on my cheek. I know this feeling. It's at the tip of my tongue. I just can't ... can't...pronounce it. In a matter of seconds, She was gone. I felt the coldness of the night. A crow swooped down across me, making me lose balance and fell, letting out a yelp. I landed heavily with a loud thud.

        My eyes popped open. I was sweating heavily and I could hear my heart beat fast. I looked at the clock. It was only 4:30 AM. The nightmare felt so real. My question still unanswered and  curiousity got the head of me. I wanted answers. I went to my parents bedroom. They'll return in the morning  My chance to explore. I never stepped in their room before. It was the forbidden place in the mansion. Well now it's not ! I crept in and closed the door behind me. I rummaged the room. I even overturned boxes and emptied all its content. Then an album book dropped with a loud thud. It was in baby blue with lace decorating the sides. I puckered my lips and blowed the dust off the album. I flipped the book opened and saw the same woman in my dream. She looked resplendent in a yellow dress with soft brown curls framed her face. She looks just like me. Beside her sat a man in a suit. Father.  His smile was dazzling. I've never seen him smile like this. Who was this women that made my father glow with happiness.  A letter slide down and sat on my lap. I wonder who was it for.

     To: Mr. Andrew James Williams

    From: Mrs Elisabeth Bourgeois

I opened the letter and carefully read all the words.

      To my dear husband,

Take this child and raise her with your new wife. I do not want her to be raised motherless. Keep her from the truth. I do not want her to return to me. I want her to be happy. You said so yourself that I would not be a great mother to her. One last wish before I leave this home. Let her be named after me. I love you.

Love ,

  Elisa

   At the bottom of the letter sat a picture of her cradling me on her frail arms as she looked at me with a sincere smile. This woman was MY mother. My heart sank as my fist came down heavily on the mahagony table with a loud bang. All this years, I didn't live in happiness but lies from a mother that did not even give birth to me. I was living a lie for 17 years. I buried my face in my hands and tears flowed freely down my cheeks. For all this year, I finally understand that I was the only one living in despair. I was living in the shade of lie and discrimination. I was barely visible in this family. Happiness did happen but I wasn't there. I ran out of my parents room with the album on my hand. As i pushed the door open, my parents stood there with shock in front of the doors. I threw the album on the ground with rage.

  " Why didn't you tell for all this years I have been living a lie ! " my voice cold and hard. I was disappointed. Both of them looked at me with guilt within their eyes. My father hesitantly picked up the album and his eyes begin to reddened and turned moist.

    My father approached me and put his arms around me. He gently pats my head and he whispered,

    " I'm sorry love. I only did it to protect you. Your mother wasn't right to raise you."

I felt disgusted. Why defend that woman that stands there with clothing that she brought with our property. My biological mother has the rights to raise me. There's no reason why she can't.

      " I wanted someone that wouldn't disappoint me. I...I got bored with her and this beautiful lady came. She was fit for the job. She makes me smile."

     " You disgust me, Father. " I walked away and went in my room. I couldn't help but broke down in tears. I wanted to see her. Is she even alive? I manage to steal her address from the letter and I escaped through the windows. This is driving crazy.

Voila. So that's the story of How She Met Her Mother. You guys are probably curious about the mother. Those who were confused. This was what happened before the accident and a few days after the slap scene drama. I really hoped you guys enjoyed. Leave a comment:)