Feels Trip

Chapter 8

This chapter is when Maya is discharged from hospital after the accident. Lemme refresh your mind. She does not remember anything that happened before. She's having amnesia due to the accident.

Previous Episode.

" Mom, I don't remember  what had happened between us and how did I end up in the hospital? " I wiped her tears with my free hand. She glance at me and hug me tight, placing my head on her chest as I heard her heart beat. I'm actually shock. She never hugged me before. I wonder what I said the other day.

  I woke early in the morning. The operation on my ribs still hurts though. Today's the day when I'm gonna be free from the metals and stiches in my body. I fist pump the air-- BLOODY THAT HURTS LIKE MOTHER OF CUPCAKES. I actually had a strange dream or more like a flashback. I saw a letter that wrote about naming a child. Then I saw myself throwing an album on the floor and shouting about not telling the truth and I climbed out the window. BAM Everything became white. I'm probably gaining my memories back. Pushing the thought away, I bounce off my bed and got my fabulous on. I opened the drawer when I saw a piece of paper. This is probably Nathan's doing. I opened up the letter to know what juicy secret I can find. The letter only showed an address of  a woman called Mrs Elisabeth Bourgeois. Her name sounds familiar. Nevermind, I'll just keep it in my wallet. Maybe it's important. You'll never know.

      " Morning Sweetheart, Are you nervous for the operation this afternoon? " said My mother as she peeps through the door.

   " Not really. I'm more excited than nervous. Hey..aren't you supposed to be working today?"

  " I actually took a day off so I could take you to the hospital. Every girl needs her mother right? Anyways I made breakfast too. Sunny side up and bacons on the side, Just the way you love it."

   Strange.She's been acting all nice. What happened a year ago? What had cause things to change? All this names and photos of an unknown women. One person that would probably know would be my sneaky baby brother. I need to buy some treats to attract my prey. Just you wait...

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

    Back from the hospital and I feel lighter. All those metals and stiches are gone but I still can't do any fist bumps until everything heals correctly. Getting back to my plan. I brought gummy bears , marshmallows and fizzy drinks. I'm probably the worst sister and we're not allowed to eat any junk food. Health reasons. Don't tell me I'm the only one doing this. I peeked into Nathan's room and saw him playing video games intensely on his computer. I slowly sat on his bed and looked around his room which is strangely clean. Cleaner than my room. I am quiet embarrassed. Move on Maya. Back to da plan gurl.

    Right at the moment I saw him pause for a break, I grab that chance and jumped infront of him.The look on his face showed terror as he fall on the floor with a loud thud.

   " Seriously, you had to do that? What is wrong with you? "

  " Oopsie.. Anyways, I have some candies for you as an apology."

  " Maya, I'm 12 years old not two. Aaand what's the catch? I know you want something from me. Firstly I'm not cleaning your room that's for sure! "

   " Okay That was rude. I need you to spill information on what happened last year. Why is mom being nice and What happened during the morning before my accident happened."

     Nathan just stared at me. He hesitated. He bites his lower lips as if he's battling with his thought. Please Nathan, I know something going on around here that doesn't feels right. Especially after the accident. In the end, everything was spilled. From my mother's plan and the very moment I got to know about my biological mother. I just broke down. The throbbing pain in my chest as Nathan's words rang in my head repeatedly.Everything clicks prefectly. The only thing Nathan could do

was  ask to blame it on him since he was part of the plan. It wasn't his fault to be raised this way. It all started from that women.

       " Nathan, Tell her I am having an outing with a couple of classmates. I won't be back. So don't wait for me. I'll text you once I reach my destination. I...Love..You." I hugged him tight and kissed his chubby cheeks. I need to pack before the witch comes home to check on her Cinderella.

     I think I know someone that help me. I went towards his mansion and knocked on his door.A lady around her 50's greeted me.

      " Good Afternoon. Erm..I was wondering if Laurent is in? "

      " He's in his room. Wait here sweetheart. I'll go get him."

     Few minutes later, I saw his green eyes and messy curled hair as his head popped out the side of the door. A smile tug on my lips as I saw him. I was shocked as he walked out with his blue jeans and greeted me not realising he isn't wearing any shirt.    

   " Oh hey! Maya. Nice to see you here. Any problem?"

  " I don't think it's legal to walk up to your neighbour shirtless, Lau. I get that you workout but please.."

  " What?..Oh..Oooooh...I'm so sorry. Hang on..Wait. I see you have been observing me huh? Wanna touch my biceps?"  He started posing and he wears his cheeky smile. Outside, I'm glaring at him. Inside, I'm screaming like a bloody gorilla begging to be freed. Damn boy. If only I had no pride to take care of... Snap out of it Maya ,What are you here for?

      "Lau, I need your help."

He paused and looked at me. Gosh his eyes are gorgeous. No I can't be doing this right now. He's just a friend.

     " I need to find my mother. My biological mother. I was thinking if you want to join me on this adventure. I actually packed my stuff and some cash. " It sounded more like a plead than a request. We both stared at each other for a few seconds before he went back inside. He probably doesn't want to help. He must've been embarrassed. oh no. Should I knock and apologize? Should I just leave?

      " Master Laurent asked you to sit inside and wait for him. Have a sit."  The lady said. I smiled at her and went inside. I looked around the mansion. I saw Laurent baby photos. A photo caught my eyes. There were two Laurent in one photo and a beautiful lady which I guess was his mother hugging the two of them. I can see that Laurent got his mother's features while the other Laurent has brown eyes and a toothless grin.

        I heard rushing footsteps. I quickly sat down and act like nothing happened. He was carrying a backpack and had his car keys looped to his index finger. I guess he's in then. He waited at the fountain on my house as I grabbed my bag. I saw Nathan waving through his window with his headphones on. I waved him goodbye and went in the car. I passed Laurent the address and off we go. 

      " Lau, who was the other baby that your mother probably was holding?"

      " Oh! That's my twin brother Matthew. He's in France. Fancy him, mademoiselle? " He looked at me through the mirror.

   " Trust me,I don't think I fancy neither."

   " Firstly, Ouch. Secondly, Why are you searching for your mother? Didn't your father told you anything about this? "

    " Long story short. I want to escape from home." Suddenly Lau parked the car at the side and stopped the engine. Are we there yet? The scenery doesn't match the address.. Laurent opened the door and sat at the back seat, right beside me.

      " Explain to me everything from A to Z. I'm not helping you if this trip will cause your fake parents to worry." He look me in the eyes and he was dead serious. Well I have no escape. Might as well tell him the truth. As I was about to speak, his lips met mine as his warm hands cupped my face. I pushed him away. I couldn't. In my mind was to met my mother and save Nathan from that witch. Lau just sat there shocked. We sat in awkwardly and avoid eye contacts. Our trip continues with no words or sound.

Eyyyyy gotta wait for chapter 9.. Anyways credits for the ideas from kittylocks. That unicorn fart. Shout out to her. Leave a comment. Hoped you guys enjoy.