Chapter Eight

I could see it eating Draco up inside. Every time I looked at him, he was fidgeting nervously and looking at Potter (if he was around).

But then, there wasn't much difference between his behaviour and mine. I had come to the conclusion that I was definitely bi, and definitely had a massive crush on Hermione Granger. Sometimes she looked over at me, and it made my heart jump.

A week had passed since the Polyjuice incident, and I was so sick of pining. I came out to the Slytherins at breakfast, and by lunch practically the whole school had heard. There was nothing negative towards me though, as wizards didn't really have a problem with it, unlike a lot of Muggles.

I felt Hermione's eyes bore into my head at dinner, though I didn't dare turn around.

I saw Weasley's arm try to snake around her at breakfast the next day, her yanking it off in a not very dignified manner.

Maybe there was a chance that she was like me?

Screw it, I thought. I stood up, catching her eye. I flicked my eyes to the door, and she stood up warily, following me out of the Great Hall.

"Parkinson?" She asked, curiously but cautiously, as soon as we were out of the Hall.

"Please, call me Pansy," I said, rather flirtatiously, making my way closer to her.

I could feel her cheeks turn red and her breath hitch at the very small distance now between us.

"Okay, Pansy," she whispered.

At that, I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled her into an alcove behind us, and pressed my lips to hers.

She was frozen in shock for a second, and I wondered if I had messed up, but she melted into my touch and kissed back passionately.

And it felt good, so good, that everything was right in the world and all of my problems went away. I felt the sparks fly, and everything was just right.