Chapter Six

I couldn't sleep. I kept tossing and turning, my brain far too awake to fall asleep.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I discovered in the Gryffindor common room, everything whirling around my brain like a blizzard.

I cast a quick Tempus to discover the time was 3:47am, and decided to just give up on sleep. I lit my wand, as I wasn't particularly fond of the dark, and I wanted to read to keep my mind off of things.

And then something hit me. It was a book, Millicent Bulstrode yelled at me to turn off the light and go to sleep. I rolled my eyes before complying. Only I didn't go to sleep as my head was still buzzing.

The way that Potter was talking about Draco, it seemed familiar. Going on and on about physical features. Not shutting up about him.

Something Draco said whilst we were in the bathroom, brewing that goddamn potion, came back to me. He was going of on another of his Potter-fueled rants. Which seemed to happen a lot. Like, a lot a lot.

"Stupid Potter, with his stupid scar and his stupid hair and stupidly green eyes."

Aha. It seemed obvious now. Potter was crushing on Malfoy, but they were both completely oblivious to the fact that Malfoy was crushing on him back.

I rolled over, finally feeling able to get a good night's sleep.