His Challenge (5)

*WARNING NOT EDITED AND TRIGGER WARNING*

I woke up not wanting to do anything, I seriously didn't want to go to school today. maybe my mom will let me, no joke she probably will she's like that, as long as I keep my grades up she doesn't care how many days I miss.

"MOM?" 

"WHAT?" mom screams as she walks towards my room 

when she comes to my bed I put on the biggest pouty face "I don't feel well" 

"whats wrong?" 

"my stomach hurts (true) and I have a migraine (also true) and I just feel so drained (also also true..I guess drama makes you sick after all)" 

She feels my head and my neck "well no fever" 

"Mom you don't understand my stomach hurts so bad"

"Do you want to stay home?"

"You think I should?" SCORE

"Well if you're really not feeling well then yeah I think you should"

"okay thanks, mom" 

she nods her head as she finishes getting ready for work

I sit in bed staring at the ceiling, I try to go back to sleep but the odds are not in my favor (hehe Hunger Games reference)

"BYE JESSIE!" my mom screams as she's walking out the door

"BYE MOM!!" and with that, I heard the door close.

I sigh and get up I'm honestly not that hungry... I don't think I'll eat today

usually,food is my friend and it kinda scares me that I don't want to eat..because of what happened before but it's fine I can control myself.

i shut off my phone last night and not that anyone ever texts me but i just wanted to turn it on maybe kenzie had.

I turn it on and it feels pretty good to look at my battery and see 100% (that will never happen again) 

while I wait for my phone to load with the past messages I go and set up my tv to play a Barbie movie

okokokok please don't judge I'm a five-year old kid in a 17-year old body and to be honest I hate Barbie dolls their movies are just so cute 

when that's done and all I have to do is press play for "Barbie Farytopia" I go back to my messages.

oh my god 23 unread messages

21 from Kenzie and 2 from Bryce

Woah...

I go to Kenzie's first 

Kenzie 3:00- hey where were you in class? 

Kenzie 3:01- you know a certain someone was looking for you

Kenzie 3:02- he left class early because of it.

where are you? why arent you answering my texts? are you okay? are you home yet? where do you want to meet tomorrow in the morning? hello? did aliens abduct you? LILLY IF YOU DONT ANSWER ME IMMA SHANK YOU!!! ...Lilly, i was just kidding. Where are you? Lilly are you here are school? imma go by your locker ok? I'm here. its 7 are you going to be running late today? Lilly the bell rung. please text me back.

My eyes widen from all of her text messages "oh shit" I whisper to myself

Me 8:34- hey I'm so sorry I wasn't feeling well and decided to take a nap I'm not going to school today either