~Chapter 5~

The next morning when Gabbie woke up, she was almost excited. Still nervous but excited. She got ready for school, put on her new uniform and prepared to leave for the tube station down the road. Before going out of the front door, Gabbie asked Dan and Phil ,"Can you come with me? Just for today?" Being just as awkward as her when they were at her age, Dan and Phil understood her concern and agreed without hesitation. A short tube ride later and they were stood outside the massive school in a line. "Ready?" asked Phil, still worried about her wellbeing. "Ready!" Gabbie replied, an unexpected amount of confident in her voice. They walked through the gates into the yard, action movie style, certain Gabbie would be ok.

The trio got a range of looks from the other pupils surrounding them. Some of excitement, some of awe, most of confusion. Who was this girl, who they had never seen before, walking in like she owned the world with two of the biggest YouTube personalities ever? The popular clique was irritated by her confidence and agreed to put her in her place later. Dan, Phil and Gabbie strode over to the office door and sorted out the final paperwork. By this time, practically the whole school had their noses pressed against the glass of the door, craning their necks to try and see the famous YouTubers. However, the dynamic duo were so absorbed in the paperwork, they didn't notice! Gabbie found herself staring at them so she waved awkwardly and diverted her gaze.

A few minutes later, Dan and Phil had finished every last piece of paperwork and Gabbie had been handed a map of the school to help her around. "If you want us to pick you up, just call." said Phil, the concern easy to pick out in his voice. "Have a good day and stay out of trouble and work hard and," Phil was interrupted by a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "She'll be fine," Dan said, confident. "Besides, she's done this before! It'll be ok!" She gave them both one last hug and they went through the door into the crowd of pupils gathered at the door.

Once they'd gone, the crowd quickly dispersed and the bell rang. "Gabrielle?" said the kind receptionist. "This is Christa," she said, pointing to the girl stood in the corner with bright red hair and wearing a black beanie "she will be your guide and friend for these coming weeks. I hope you get on well!" Christa waved so Gabbie waved back. She was cute. Really cute! She felt her face flushing a deep shade of scarlett so she quickly turned her head. "Hey," said Christa, not fazed by the embarrassment she clearly saw on the new girl's face. "I'm Christa and you're gonna be my friend so deal with it!" She held out her hand for Gabbie to shake. "Christa! Mind your manners!" "Don't worry it's fine! I'm cool with it" Gabbie said desperately. She took Christa's hand and shook it, feeling the electricity from her touch. "I'm Gabbie and your the one who's gonna put up with me!" Introductions out of the way, Gabbie and Christa walked through the empty corridors to their form room.