chapter 10

It was just a normal situation, after few years doing this job i got used to people just vaguely looking at me and i was comfortable with it. i like to think it was the uniform effect and not mine. With every flight there is always a guy or a girl or at least a little kid that i could feel their eyes following me.

Up until the day Vicky was on one of my flights, up until she looked at me. She had this big curly hair that make her hard to miss, and when my eyes met hers well, it scared me... i felt like she could reach beyond my eyes and see within me, her look seemed like she was actually seeing my insides, every thought i ever had, everything i lived through, every high and low. her eyes could simply see and to me that seemed like a dangerous way to see me.

Once the flight was over i didn't really give much thoughts to her... why would i after all.

Though at my age am expected to be living "la vida loca", Bangkok night life was not really my scene. I was okay with going up to the bar enjoy the roof top view have a glasse of wine or two and head back to bed.

I saw her the moment i entered the bar, the same serious face focused into her laptop with her hair taking over the space around her head, i was about to go my own way but curiously i found myself at her table... she seemed weird then, so why i stayed? i have no idea. I was standing right there and she asked me if i was actually there..  in my head i was like go around Sofia go around!!!

The more she talked the faster that weird feeling was replaced by a very pleasant one, she seemed very interesting to me, artistic, deep, i could listen to her talk about anything for hours and i wouldn't even blink.

When she woke up from her apparent drunkness she introduced herself to me as i was shaking her hand... well shaking her hand was an other interesting thing about her, the way she held on to me, the nervous shake and deep deep look into my eyes...honestly, though we don't look anything alike i felt like my hand was holding my reflection but it seemed like my grip was hurting her so i just quickly let her hand go.

I didn't expect her to be down waiting for me the next morning the whole night she seemed drunk. I thought she wouldn't even remember the plans we made but she was there even though i came late she was patiently waiting for me she complained about it but she waited she didn't give up, i like it when people don't just give up...
She was so sweet... not only she remembered our plan she even remembered what i like and got me a cup of tea. i mean if she could remember! that being drunk. Be caring enough next morning through her hangover to think of me even after being late! the girl can have her moment of complaining i can survive through that.

I had an amazing day with her, behind that serious look on her face there is a very fun girl to be around and i loved how she was taking my pictures all the time, the city was full of people, a million scene to choose from, a million beautiful subject for her photos but she chose me. her camera, her lens, her eyes all of that was focusing on me and there was something satisfying about it. Until i got soaked and i saw the most intimidating look on her face. I was standing almost naked after some random kix got me all wet with his water gun, i looked towards her to see if she was attacked as well and... her eyes were all over me i literally felt like she was eye-fucking me right there, i've never been into girls but if that is how she look? How does she actually do it? Call me crazy but for some very unusual weird reason I loved the way she was checking my body.

I had to leave in the same evening and i wanted to make sure that day is not going to be the first and last day for me with Vicky i really enjoyed her company and i loved seeing myself through her eyes so i called her room... sometimes now i wish i didn't. she sounded almost mad at me i don't know why i wanted to ask for her number but she made it clear she doesn't want to talk to me.