Chapter 17: Torture

Warning: This chapter is a bit gruesome. If you're sensitive when it comes to strong content, strong language, bloody scenes and images, please refrain your decision of reading this chapter. Only do what you feel like you'll be able to bear. If you're younger than the age 15 and aren't used to cruel and graphic content, I'd suggest you'd set this one out. Thank you for your attention, and happy reading (if you can) for those of you who will .xx

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Taehyung's painful screams rang inside the dungeon he was trapped in. He was alone for now, but he wasn't placed in his chairs when the guard was away, torturing someone else; the angel was tied with his hands together on a pole above him, pulling him high up enough to make him hang in air, exactly big enough space for him to stay in the air without having the chance of touching the floor with his feet.

The angel didn't know how long this had been going on. At first it was clear to him as he kept count on how many hours since he had left Earth, but his head was spinning, his blood was dripping, his mind was losing its sanity.

The painful hanging was horrific, but it was better than when he guard himself paid him a visit. He would feel guilty for secretly hoping he'd never come back and rather hear the screams of his tortured neighbours, but the pain was far from bearable. He just wanted to die, to disappear than to continually live through this. But no one allowed so. He was even close to dying at one point, for what Taehyung would guess would be about fifty hours ago, but the guard healed him enough to keep him alive, but in pain.

A high pitched scream rang in his ears. He heard the familiar voice yell for help, but there was no use from where they were locked up. Since Taehyung wasn't in his right mind, he couldn't be too sure, but his neighbour sounded like someone whom he had met before. Someone he actually knew: Park Jimin.

He wanted to have a chance of trying to talk to him, to confirm if it was him. Of course he never got one. The rooms were obviously close enough to hear each other's screams, but they never got a break. If the guard wasn't with Taehyung, he was with someone else, and when he was there with him, the other were most likely in the same position he was in now, still in pain, though alone.

Now the screaming stopped. Taehyung tried to lift up his head, but it was hard. His wounds were open and bleeding; he had lost a lot of blood, enough for him to nearly pass out. His skin was paler than ever. His naked body were drowning in his own sweat and blood, giving a mixture of the two liquids flowing down onto the floor and down the drain below him.

Taehyung's gaze remained on where his lost blood disappeared to. He didn't even cry anymore; he did a lot at first, along with the torture and when alone, but he neither had more water to waste nor more energy left. He didn't even yell as much as he did at first.

He didn't know whether getting used to the pain was bad or not; probably not, since the guard would only extend the method to a crueler and more painful one.

It had been awfully quiet for some time. Taehyung thought he had dozed off, but his wrists, shoulders and legs were aching so much from hanging in the air without support, he didn't believe he'd manage to pass out.

"He - hello?" he whispered. He intended to be louder than that, but his voice couldn't get higher. His throat was dry, and his strength was just gone. "Can anyone hear me?"

"Hello?"

Taehyung managed to raise up his head, staring at the wall in front of him. "Do you hear me?" Taehyung asked as he managed to raise his voice desperately.

"I can." The other person sounded so exhausted and in pain.

"What's your name?" Taehyung asked, hopefully gaining an answer to his question for many hours ago now.

"I'm - " He seemed to have struggled speaking. "Park...Jimin."

"Jimin?" Taehyung yelled surprised as if he was electrocuted. "Jiminie?"

"Tae - Taehyungie?" he squeaked from the other side of the wall. "Is that really you? You're the person I've heard nonstop screaming for the past thirty hours?" He sounded heartbroken.

"Has it only been thirty hours? Feels like weeks," he said, although he wasn't sure if the other heard him.

"Why are you here?" Jimin suddenly yelled, and Taehyung knew he was crying, "why are you here Taehyungie? TELL ME!"

Taehyung listened to the other bawl his eyes out, as if he didn't expect him to answer. Something Taehyung never mentioned to anyone, not even Jungkook knew, was that he and Jimin were close. They were brothers obviously, as all angels were brothers and sisters, but Jimin was much more than that. He was his best friend, his other half.

When he first heard Jimin was assigned to a human, he was so happy for him, and he told him he'd wait for him to return to heaven. Only some weeks later, the news of Jimin breaking the number one rule of intimacy with his human, reached him, and he knew Jimin was locked up. Imagining this inhuman torture never crossed his mind though. He still found it hard to believe this even existed. Was it the idea of God, or wasn't it in his control? Was it people like the guard who decided this? Hid it? Taehyung didn't know. All he knew was that he wanted to break out. He never heard anyone break out of heaven's prison, or else they would've known about the torture, but Taehyung was willing to give all his might to take the chance whenever he got it. Maybe he'd even succeed in his first try, if he had blessings on his side.

"Taehyungie, are you there?" the other angel spoke again.

"I'm here," he answered, "and I'm here for the same reason as you, Jiminie."

Jimin started to cry, but he stopped as they both heard a familiar metal door opening.

"Missed me?" the guard spoke as he came in with some black, long object in his hand to Taehyung's room.

"He'll whip you," Jimin spoke on the other side, "please, try to bear it."

The guard's face darkened as he heard Jimin's voice. "Having a nice chat with the neighbour I hear?" he mocked, "I'll just make sure you both will shut up for good then."

He put the chair in the middle where he'd make the angel sit, and when he untied his hands to the metal pole above him, he was finally down at the ground. His feet was weak, and so he fell down without having strength in his legs to carry him. It was unfortunate he couldn't manage, as the guard just dragged him painfully by the hair instead over to the chair; normally he'd sit on it with the back supported and his hands tied behind him, but this time he sat in the opposite way, exposing his back and having his hands tied around the chair.

"This'll be new for you," the guard cackled, and just a second later he held up his whip he came in with, and he aimed for the naked back of the angel, leaving a red single mark.

Taehyung tried to be strong; he held in his scream as he bit his lower lip, trying hard to not whine too loudly, but it seemed like the guard took it he didn't hit hard enough, and then proceeded to whip harder. And it made Taehyung whine louder, a sudden loud painful shriek escaped his sealed lips. He couldn't hold in his screams and cries anymore.

Being whipped for more times he could keep count of, and his back was aching so much it felt like his skin was gone. It felt like it was on fire. The guard showed no intentions of giving the tortured angel mercy, his gaze showing just how hostile and vicious he was.

Taehyung's screams filled the room, hell, maybe even the whole ground level. It was so painful. It was on a whole new level of stabbing agony. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't continue to cry. He had to break lose; his whole body shook uncontrollably. Even the guard stared at him for a few seconds surprised until he gritted his teeth together, and so he was in the middle of giving him another whip of his, but what stopped him made his jaw drop, and he was even pushed off of his feet and flew backwards into the wall behind him.

Taehyung's black wings had spread out, protecting his sore and bloody back.