Chapter 20

Hello readers!

Chapter 20 guys.
I feel like this is a milestone.
So thank you to my wonderful Wattpad family for being so supportive and wonderful and I love you all.

Now let's get back to, as Erin so poetically put it, THE GLITTER BABIES.
♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢
Magnus POV

Shit.

He just asked for the kids.

I knew this was going to happen at some point, but I didn't think it would happen until after we got married.

Alec is looking at me expectantly. I can tell he is really passionate about this, and that he really wants it. But kids. . . I don't know.

"Well?" Alec asks, his face hopeful.

I don't really know how to say this. I don't want to crush his dreams.

"Well. . . ummm. . ." I stammer.

I can literally feel his heart sinking. There are tears in his eyes, and he looks away from me.

"Alec, no! I do want kids," I explain. Suddenly, he perks up again. "But I can't." Now he is back to sulking. "I mean, we can adopt, but I'm immoral. Kids and I. . . we just don't mix. Because one day they'll ask, 'Dad, why do I look older than you?'"

"And then I'll have to watch not only you, but them die as well."

I finish my speech and Alec pulls me into a hug. "Oh Magnus, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset."

(A/N: This is foreshadowing the sequel. Mmhmm, I said sequel. You may be happy now.)

"It's okay. You didn't know." I tell him.

We lay back on the blanket, his head resting on my chest. We lay in silence, just listening to the birds chirping. These are the moments I live for. The ones where Alec and I are together, truly together.

After a few minutes, Alec breaks the silence. "It could be a warlock baby."

I sit up, aggravated again. "It could, but what about you? You're mortal. The kid and I would have to watch you grow old and die. I wouldn't be able to put any child through that. And think about how you'd feel. You'd lose both of us."

"Then make me immortal!" he exclaims. "You know I'd be okay with it."

I'm about to tell him he'd see his family die, but he cuts me off. "Yes, I know I'd see my family die, but honestly, I don't care. All I care about is being with you."

That shuts me up. But I still can't do it. I can't put him through what I've gone through.

"Alec, I'm sorry. But I can't." I say dejectedly.

He stands up, and for a moment he looks just like the 18 year old boy I first saw at that party; the unhappy, lonely boy who had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Then he straightens. "Well, the mood is officially ruined, so let's just go back. I'm sorry I ever brought the damn thing up." He picks up the blanket and the food and turns to walk away.

Then, he pauses and turns around. "On second thought," he says coldly. "Why don't I just stay here? You go back, tell them I'll be there in the morning. Make up some excuse; I don't care."

"Alexander-" I start, but he is already headed back to the shack.

Once I get back to the Institute, I am feeling so unhappy that even Izzy's cheerful greeting and hug can't lift my spirits. I walk through the halls toward Alec's room, my head hung.

Then, I bump into something. I look up to see Erika, looking royally pissed.

"Watch it, fag," she spits, her voice dripping venom.

"Excuse me," I retort, "but aren't you in love with a fag?"

"Shut up! He's not like you. He'll be mine one day." Her thick Welsh accent makes her sound even more annoying.

"Erika, you are delirious. For one, he's gay. That means he likes boys, and only boys. And two, he's engaged. So FUCK OFF."

"Oh Magnus, I am going to ruin you so I can have him."

I laugh. God, she is so clueless. "And I'll sit back and watch, laughing."

She seethes with anger. "Alrighty, you just wait."

"Oh darling, it can't come soon enough." Then she walks away, muttering under her breath like the psycho she is.

Jace POV

"Oh Magnus, I'm going to ruin you so I can have him," I hear Erika say.

Magnus laughs delightedly. "And I'll sit back and watch, laughing," he answers.

What the hell?

"Alrighty, you just wait."

"Oh, darling, it can't come soon enough."

That is my last straw. I sneak out from my patch of darkness and away from Erika and Magnus. Are they plotting to hurt Alec?

Why would Magnus do that?

My vision is dotted with red. Whatever the reason, there is no way in hell they are getting away with it.

Nobody hurts my best friend.
♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢
So, lemme recap.

Magnus and Alec are fighting, Magnus and Erika had a bitch fight, and Jace overheard and took it the wrong way.

Karen's boobs say it's gonna rain your tears. (Mean Girls reference)

Anyways... Please go follow my bæ IRL, @wrenthewriter. She literally just got an account, and she's a Doctor Who girl. Thanks!

Vote, comment, enjoy! ♡