Chapter Seven

Song of the Chapter: Pokemon Theme Song (Dubstep Remix) - Lindsey Stirling & Kurt Schneider  

○ Nordan Shat ○

It's been a month since I started dating Peyton and I'm gonna break up with her. Don't get me wrong, she's amazing and I like her a lot. I don't like her that much in that way though. I've been watching her lately and the way she interacts with me and the other guys. The way she is with Lucas... I've just never seen anything like it before.

I decided to do a test. It's obvious that Lucas is her best friend so I want to do a boyfriend versus best friend video for my channel. Ever since Peyton made up with her ex, she hasn't been as paranoid about things. She's been in our videos a couple times, like, in the background. I don't know how she's gonna feel about being the center of attention in it though.

I head upstairs and walk into Lucas' room where both of them were. "Why are you like this? Water types are better." I hear Peyton say. "Listen, I am Blaziken. Blaze. Blaziken is a fire type. I like fire types." Lucas says, facing towards her. "Water beats fire." She simply says.

"Okay, do you know how to play fire, water, grass?" Lucas asks her. "Yeah, they mention it in Pokemon Black." She replies.

"Okay, let's play it. Best two out of three. I'll say 'one, two, three' and we yell out our types, okay?" She nods. "One, two, three, grass!"

"Fire! Yes! I win that round." Peyton exclaims happily. "Hey, it's still two out of three. Go again. One, two, three, grass!"

"Water fuck!" Lucas laughs. "Tie breaker, okay. One, two, three, water!"

"Fire LUCAS." Lucas starts laughing, Peyton glaring at him. "I win!" He shouts, putting his fists in the air.

"Oh, hey babe!" Peyton says, smiling at me. Lucas turns. "Oh, when'd you get in here, Rain?" I laugh a bit. "Just in time to hear the nerdiest argument I've ever heard in my life."

"Don't judge." Peyton pouts. I look at Lucas who's looking at her and smiling. It's so obvious, how did I not see this shit before?

"So, I want to do a boyfriend versus best friend thing for my channel." I tell Peyton, sitting beside her on Lucas' bed. "Sounds fun. I have to warn you though, Rebel knows a lot about me." I chuckle, shaking my head. "I meant me versus Lucas."

"I knew that, idiot. I was just trying to be funny for once." She whines. "Don't worry little grape, you are funny." I tell her, ruffling her hair. "I already went out and bought these little dry erase boards for us to do it with. I figured you could ask us a question and we both write our answers down while you write the correct answer and then we all show the boards at the same time. Makes sense?"

"No but yes." Lucas says, nodding. "I get it and he will once we start. When do you want to film?" Peyton asks, running her fingers through Rebel's fur.

"We can do it now. Just gotta grab the camera and tripod from the basement. We can film in the kitchen." I suggest. "Alright, bet. Let's do it. I'm gonna kick your ass." Lucas says. I just laugh. I already know he's gonna kick my ass.

"Just go ahead and go to the kitchen." I tell them, walking out the room. I head to the basement and I could hear Tommy and Alex playing Smash in Alex's room. I quickly slide in there.

"Okay, Tommy, I just want you to know this but I may break up with Peyton." I tell him. Both of them look at me. "Why?" Tommy asks. I take a deep breath, running my fingers through my hair. "I think she likes Lucas more."

"Of course she does, idiot." Alex says. "Everyone in this house was shocked when you said you were going on a date with her." Tommy states.

"So why the hell did she say yes?" I ask them. "Cause Peyton doesn't like letting people down." Tommy says, followed by Alex saying, "And Blaziken is a pussy."