Chapter Nine

Song of the Chapter: Warmness on the Soul - Avenged Sevenfold

○ Peyton Baron ○

We decide to eat at Ruby Sushi which is great because I love sushi. We manage to get quite a secluded table in the back.

"Okay, I obviously know a lot about you but do you know a lot about me?" Lucas says, watching me use my chopsticks perfectly as he sticks to using a fork. "I do. At least, I think."

"I'll quiz you then." I smile widely. "I love quizzes. Wait... no, that won't do." I frown, shaking my head. "Why not?" He furrows his brows. "My OCD. If I get a question wrong, I'll panic. It'll throw off my balance."

"Hm... Okay, so it's not a quiz. There's no wrong answers." I shake my head. "There are wrong answers." He takes a deep breath. "Just think of it as a learning experience. You'll learn a lot about me so that in the future, you'll pass with flying colors."

I think about it for a second before nodding. "I can live with that." He smiles. "Alright, where was I born?"

"Vienna, Austria! Which actually, I'm about to make you real happy, Ich kann fließend deutsch sprechen (I can speak German fluently)." Lucas smiles real wide. "Das ist großartig (That's great)! Now we can talk to each other and the guys won't know what we're saying." He smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You're such a dork." I giggle. "Okay, okay. What's... my sister's name?"

"Mia. She's adorable, by the way. I was watching videos you've made with her and I love her." Lucas grins. "That's great, I'm glad you do. So, uh, what's my middle name?"

"Johannes." He nods. "And do you know how I got it?" I shake my head. "I actually don't think I do." He clears his throat. "My dad had a twin brother who died in a car accident. His name was Johannes. Apparently we act a lot alike."

"Aw. Yeah, I knew someone in college that acted just like her half-brother. She was more like him than she was any of her other family members." I state. "Biology is weird." Lucas laughs a bit.

"Here's a tough one, what's my favorite video game of all time?" He asks. I smile. "You're expecting me to say Black Ops II but I know it's Counterstrike."

"Damn, you're so good. I thought I tricked you there." Lucas stares at me for a bit. Here it comes.

"Did you mean what you said?" I keep my eyes on my plate, avoiding his gaze. "What do you mean?"

"When you said you miss the pain... It scares me a bit. I don't want you to do something stupid to yourself." I finally look at him. He was being serious. Worry was written all over his face.

"I'm not going to. It's just that... when that's all you know for the majority of your life, it's weird not having it anymore. Even in college, I was getting cut up by a friend. It's just... routine." I shrug.

"Can't you focus on something else? Like, a different routine? You can go back to psychology and get like a PhD or something." I shake my head. "Too much money and I don't feel like it. I already know everything. I've read almost every psychology textbook there is. I even read one that was in Spanish. It'd be a waste of time and money to go to school for four years, being taught shit I already know."

"So, what's something you have a passion for?" I stare at my plate, thinking. What is something I have a passion for? It's always just been learning and knowledge but I hate school and the environment around it. Wait...

"Art." I say, looking at him. "Like when I drew on the boards today." Lucas smiles and nods. "Yeah! Those were dope. I could definitely see you doing something with art."