Chapter Eight

Song of the Chapter: If You're Gonna Be Dumb, You Gotta Be Tough - Smut Peddlers

○ Peyton Baron ○

"That was so fun!" I say, clapping happily. "I should do more videos with you guys."

"That's great but uh, I need to talk to you both." Lucas and I look at Nordan in confusion. There was also a hint of concern on our faces. "Peyton, I love you, you're amazing, but I think we'd be better off as just friends. I know you both have feelings for each other and I'd feel like a complete ass if I just kept dating you when you weren't feeling it." I stare at him in shock. He then turns to Lucas. "Lucas, stop being a pussy and ask her out. I will leave you to it." Nordan hits the table before grabbing his camera and heading downstairs.

Lucas and I slowly look at each other. "Did that just happen?" I whisper. "I... I think it did." Lucas stammers, looking back at the hallway.

That was the last thing I expected from Nordan. Does Lucas actually like me?

I look at Lucas, Rebel nudging my leg. He can tell my anxiety is rising. "Lucas..." Lucas looks at me and just stares. "Do you have feelings for me?"

"Yes." He says without hesitation. I nod. "Then we should have our first date." Lucas smiles a bit. "Yes we should. I'll take you out to eat tonight."

"Boys always say they don't know what girls want but you seem to know really well." Lucas laughs. "Yeah, I know you too well. Diamonds and makeup aren't your thing. You just want food and dogs." I place my hands over my heart, dramatically swooning.

"You make my heart skip a beat." I say, making him laugh again. "I like making you laugh." I tell him, giving a big, toothy grin. "That's hella cheesy. Say something more Peyton-like."

"I like proving I'm funnier than all of you." He nods. "That's my girl." His phone dings and he checks it. "Oh, sweet!" He says, smiling widely. "What's up?" I ask, peeking at his phone. It was an email from G-Fuel, the company they work with.

"G-Fuel is setting up a thing in NYC and they're asking if I, Adapt, and my best friend Nick will be a part of it. That's so dope." Lucas says, his fingers dancing across the keyboard.

"You know what that means, right?" I smirk, Lucas raising a brow at me. "Nick is coming which means... movie night!" I shout happily. I finally get to play VHS for them. They're gonna hate it, it's gonna be so awesome.

"Damn... I'm just gonna... decline." I shake my head furiously, yanking his phone out his hand. "Man up, Lucas! If I can watching a gory horror movie and laugh at it, so can you!"

"Babe, the difference between me and you is that you're not right in the head. One of your favorite movies is the The Human Centipede. A movie where people are sewn ass to mouth and have to eat each other's shit." I shrug. "It's a dope concept!"

"It's a gross concept." He retorts, stealing back his phone. "Wise words from FaZe Rain, stop being a pussy."

"Okay, yeah, you know what?" Lucas swiftly grabs me, hoisting me over his shoulder. "Lucas!" I yell as he walks downstairs.

"Yo, Rain, you still got that "liquid ass" shit?" My eyes widen. "Lucas, don't you dare." It smells so bad. Even Rebel ran out the room once when he sniffed it.

Lucas puts me down before grabbing my shoulders. "Look, if you can inhale it for a second, then I will watch that movie with you, no fighting."

"No, I'm not doing that. That shits sucks. Can't we do something else? You made a video with Nick once playing sting pong, can we do that?" I ask him. "Peyton, no. That shit hurts, I don't want to hurt you." Lucas frowns.