✄ Prom disaster ✄

Y/N's P.O.V.

I stood in the middle of the cafetria, wide eye, with the rest of the students' heads turned to look at the sighn a group of boys were holding up with giant grins that spread ear to ear. The room was silent and a gasp escaped my lips, I cupped my mouth.

Normal P.O.V.

Killua was resting his elbow on the table surface, his face twisted into a scowl. "What a touching scene."

"Jealous?" Drake asked, smug.

Killua glared at him.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N, " Gon began, a smile on his face, cheeks flushed. "Will you go to prom with me?" A boom shouted across the long tables, my eyes planted on the words painted red on the sign.

It would be fucking awesome if you went to prom with me, Y/N!!!

Jotting across the empty space, I went to chain my arms around my crush's neck, it was difficult for me to believe this wasn't a dream. And even if it was, I don't want to wake up. For all I care, I can be in a long term coma. He gladly took me in, wrapping his own on my tiny figure. "Is that a yes?"

I breathed out a laugh. "Don't get ahead of yourself." Something flashed across his eyes but only for a fraction of a second.

When he burried his head in my shoulders, he said softly, "Okay." Then when he released me, he raised a single hand and yelled, "She said yes!" Claps rang all over, with girls looking at me with longing in their eyes and boys silently taking notes.

Or maybe it wasn't that way at all and they didn't care, I honestly couldn't care less at the moment, stuck in one place and moment that was too good to be true.

Normal P.O.V.

"She said yes!" Gon yelled, his dark eyes shifting to catch Killua's, their cruel meaning clear as day: I beat you to it, what are you going to do now?

"This is disaster hidden behind a miracle..." Jace muttered, smirking. "I don't have to ask. We're going to prom and fucking shit up."

"Damn right." Drake wrapped his hand on Zoldyck's and Jeremy's necks.

"I don't like the sound of this." Jeremy frowned.

"Yes, you do. After all, you're a fallen angel." Killua said, matching his friends' expressions and leaning back. "This'll be entertaining."

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Isn't this like a big deel for you?" Mashall asked, not sounding the least bit interested, resting his chin on his fist. I couldn't contain myself or my excitement,  to be honest, prom seemed like a drag before this but now- everything changed, I needed to get a dress, makeup maybe, shoes, breast implants.... Okay, maybe not that last part.

"Yes, it is! Aahhh! I-I have to get so many things, prom is just around the corner! One month from now-"

"It's tomorrow." My best friend corrected, he had visible bags under his eyes and his hair was messy in a still cute way. Maybe he wasn't having the best time of his life, but it was just a rough patch.

I paused. "Oh." He breathed out a laugh, his nose piercing glistening in the lighting. It was nice that he could still smile, him and Analyn dated way back. Marshall had a crush on her since kindergarten and finally had the courage to ask her out freshman year. She turned him down the first time but as they got closer in theater, she asked him out on his birthday.

I don't know the details, but he came back with goofy sunglasses, an empty can of Dr. Pepper and a red lip stain on his cheek. He was happy. More than happy.

"I would ask you to go shopping with me but... It's not because you're a boy, I just know everything would remind you of-"

"Analyn." He bawled, running a hand through his hair. "I really fucked up this time, didn't I?"

"Yeah. You kinda did." I deadpanned, unapologetic.

"Thanks." He puffed, shoving his hands hands in his jean pockets. "I just needed to get my mind off her, I know it wasn't the best way but I wasn't thinking."

"Then tell her." I said, hoisting myself up from my bed. "Tell her before someone steals her away you jerk."

His eyes glossed over and he nodded firmly. I watched the raven haired male jog out of the door, looking back at me before shutting the door behind him. That's when I heard a knock on my window. When I opened the curtains, Marshall grinned at me, mouthing Good luck with prince charming.

I let the curtains divide us once he was inside his car, biting my lips. "I'll need it." I whispered,  grabbing my keys and phone. I lock the door, then I'm off to wherever fate shall sail me.

In the end, I leave various stores with a Velvet Maxi Dress, Vixen Black heels, and a book from Nobles And Barnes. I just hoped Gon liked it, I wonder what he would wear.

Normal P.O.V. (NEXT DAY) *Two hours before prom*

This is choking me, Jeremy thought uncomfortably, attempting to loosen his tuxedo's colar. Drake was chatting up the lady behind the cash register who smiled out of courtesy, nodding when appropriate. Jace was still fitting and cursing himself while Killua was already ready, waiting on the idiots who called themselves his friends.

Gon and Y/N had just entered through the gym, hand in hand with Y/N's smile practically impossible to ignore.

Y/N's P.O.V.

The gym was huge, dim with neon lights shining all around us, popular music blaring every corner of the room, peers either dancing to a catchy pop song or at the food bar. Gon needed to use the bathroom and I did too, so we parted ways at the different sighns. I was wearing makeup today, not full-on caked makeup, more like natural but still a visibly different touch of color.

The basics.

When I pushed the door, I stopped midway, blinking at the white haired bad boy towering over me his familair signature smirk. "Nice seeing you here." I mumbled, shouldering past him, but he simply steps in front front of me again.

This time, he leans in, looking into my eyes and finding out the depths of my secrets. I had the urge to look away but he had me trapped, cornered. That's when I saw him reach out, and before I knew it, his thumb brushed my bottem lip. His orbs were like the sea at night, a beautiful shade. "Makeup doesn't really suit you."

Even though I didn't mean to, I couldn't help but blush. His gaze was so intense. The doors to the men's bathroom swung open, air rushing outside. Killua's lips had crashed against mine, but they had no passion or any emotion to them. I knew Gon was staring at us. "What the fuck?" He growled.

When Killua released me, he narrowed his eyes and his lips curved at the ends with satisfaction. Everything happened in a flash, Gon grabbed a fistful of an unafraid Killua's shirt, causing a scene, tackling to a nearby table. I heard him yell, "I always win!" Before a crowd formed around them, excluding me completely.

I wasn't part of a traingle here. I was their trophy. With my eyes threatening to spill tears, I left for the exit with every piece of my shattered heart falling behind the echo of my steps.