Chapter 2 The mysterious boy

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

Hikari POV

Tomorrow morning I head out and take a walk around town as I made my way to the cliff where I can take in the surroundings and feel safe. I just sit there for hours taking in the view and go off into a world of my own. I am disturbed from my thought when my ears pick up on some the children who are in my class heading this way. I sit there dreading their appearance and hoping that they would just go away.

“Hey look its Hikari. How are you doing red head? Did you not catch enough sun to last you for life with that hair? The boy with sandy blonde hair in front of the other two asks. While the other two laughs at me. They approach continuing to mock me and call me names.

I held back the tears that were threatening to flow and put on a brave face. This is what I always did when the kids started picking on me.

“We’re here to teach you a lesson.” Said the kid in the back with brown hair.

“Why don’t you go and bother someone else who has time to hear what you have to say!” I shout with anger swelling up inside me.

“How dare you insult me scum!” the blonde kid shouts back. “You don’t even deserve to live you monster.” He laughs.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see a boy with blood red hair and sea foam eyes hiding behind a rock. He just stood there with a sad face looking at me.

“HEY!! LOOK AT ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU!! Why don’t I just put you out of your misery and end it!!” The blonde kid shouts with hate in every word he is saying. He runs up to me and pushing me off the edge of the cliff.

I scream in shock and fear but I am also crying. Why do they hate me? Why am I so different that people hate me? I thought as I close my eyes and continue to fall.

Third person

The boy with red hair just stands there in shock at what was happening. This girl is just like him. She is hated and feared by everyone. Knowing this he reaches out with his sand and stops her fall. The kids start to run away in fear and screaming on their way.

Hikari was shocked even more about this. Sand she thought as it begins to lift her up to the top of the cliff. The sand puts her down and disperses. She couldn’t believe what had just happened. Someone had gone to the trouble of saving her.

The boy comes out from behind the rock and slowly approaching her as if he is scared or something. Hikari slowly sits up not wishing to scare him. Once the boy comes to a stop there is a pause. This went on for a few seconds before anyone spoke.

“Are you okay?” the boy asks in a quiet voice.

“Yes. Thank you” She answers.

The boy stood there expecting to be shouted at and insulted. However this is not what happened.