Chapter 8 Relationship repairs and a festival

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto

Hikari POV

I get out of bed early and dress myself for the academy. When I head downstairs mum is waiting at the table. I try to walk into the living room when she stops me.

“Hikari you need to get that bandaged so that it will heal.” She says in a soft tone which didn’t make a difference. I reluctantly let her bandage over the wound covering my left forearm. Before I get the chance to leave she puts her hand on top of mine.

“Hikari please just let me talk, please.” She says in a weak with a desperate expression on her face. I nod which lessening her worry slightly. “I didn’t intend to hurt you. I would never dream of it and I almost can’t believe that it happened. I honestly don’t know what came over me. I kept my guilt locked up inside and took it out on you. Words cannot express how sorry I am. I don’t even deserve to be called mum. The only I can say is that I am sorry and that I hope you forgive me in time.” She says in a quiet voice while tears stream down her face “I know that I am in the wrong and what I did was unforgivable.” She looks me in the eye and I can see that she felt so sad that it hurt. This makes the answer clear to me.

Mum brushes back her fringe and then looks at down at her hands waiting for something to happen. I am relieved to hear her say this as I want to put this behind me.

“Ok mum I forgive you but I can’t guarantee that I will be able to trust you straight away.” I say. At this she just stares at me in shock before smiling. She hugs making me flinch a little before giving into her warmth.

When we stop hugging we look at each other and smile at the relief that things will get back to normal soon. I then eat breakfast and head off to the academy relieved at how well that went.

Sayuri POV

My little girl how mature you have become over the years. Part of you wanted to make me feel bad but the better part of you saw through it and chose to forgive rather than punish. This is the wisdom which you have gained through your hardships. You’ve grown so much in the last few days.

 You also have the guts to never give up on your friend which is something I lack and envy about you. You don’t listen to rules and go out of your way to do the right thing. You never gave up when life dealt you nothing but hardship. You are a child who already surpasses her mother in all of the right ways. A mother could never be more of you than me.

~Time skip to lunch at school~

Hikari POV

I sit under the tree in my usual spot while I eat my lunch in silence. Gaara didn’t come in today for some reason not known to me. I hope he is ok after yesterday. Mum sounded really worried, it affected her to the point that it temporarily changed her.

None of the kids come near me today as they are too busy talking about yesterday’s evacuation. Mixed in with the conversation however is the subject of my Mum hitting me. It took all of my strength to supress my rage and not run over there to give them a piece of my mind.

After school I stop by the flower shop to catch mum before she leaves work. She is putting in extra hours today to deal with all of the deliveries. I wave giving her smile and she did the same back. I then wait until she locks to walk home with her.

Once we got home I go into the living room to do the homework that I received today one of the “perks” of having extra lessons. While I complete a series of concentration exercises Mum makes some tea to help me relax after doing some work.

When I finish she brings the tray in and pours the tea. As we drink the tea we discuss the things that would have been said at dinner. This was probably the best way to speed up the process of repairing our relationship.

Today there was going to be a festival in the village so when the tea is finished we head upstairs to get prepared. I put on a purple kimono with white water lilies on. Then I brush my hair before putting it up into bun.

I go downstairs to meet Mum and head out. She was wearing a dark green kimono with cherry blossoms on. Her hair was decorated with a sakura, her favourite flower.