Chapter 11 The worst pain I've ever felt

Hikari POV

I wait in the living room while mum goes to check out what is going up. She returns a few minutes finding nothing but before she comes back in she grabs a kunai. Mum comes and sits next to me without letting down her guard.

The living room window smashes as something is thrown inside. Upon seeing this Mum hugs me close to her as smoke fills the room. When the smoke finally disperses enough to see there are two ninja standing there with weapons in their hands ready to attack.

I can’t believe what is happening, why are there ninja in my home preparing to attack us I thought. Fear builds up inside me as I wait for the attack.

The first ninja strikes going for Mum when she counters it with her kunai…Wait since when could Mum fight!?!? I thought as I watch her. She even manages to lay a few injuries on the enemy with the kunai.

The ninja quickly moves away and lets the other take over. This one starts forming hand seals and aims the attack at me. Before I know it fire is travelling towards me with no time to get away. Mum jumps in to pick me up and get out of the firing range. But she didn’t make it out in time causing her ankle to get burnt.  She moves into a place farther away from me to draw away their attention.

However this only leaves me open for an attack a ninja charges at me with a kunai going in for the kill. I just sit there unable to move away from the attack. Suddenly Mum comes into view and gets in the way of the kunai. She coughs up blood and falls to the floor.

“Hikari I’m sorry that I won’t be able to spend more time with me…and know that…I will always…love you.” Mum says in a quiet voice before her blue eyes close for the last time and all breath leaves her.

Tears flow down my face as I look down at my mum who is now dead. I lie on top of her mourning for the lost life of the only person who has there for me throughout my life.

“Sayuri that’s what you get for challenging the Kazekage when he allows people like you to stay in the village.” Says the ninja laughing, with a bloody kunai in hand.

“Yeah you got her good the traitor.” The other ninja agrees with distaste in his voice. “Now it’s time to finish off the brat.”

“DON’T CALL MY MUM A TRAITOR!!” I shout with anger building up inside of me. The ninja who killed my Mum just push me away mocking my guts.

“It’s about time that you learnt your place brat!” He shouts. He runs at me with the same kunai going in for the kill when my shield stops him. A blinding white light appears before I fall unconscious.