Chapter 7 A night of horror and betrayal for all

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto

Hikari POV

I did as she said and stay there thinking about what could be wrong with Mum. When I come up with no logical answers I start reading.

Later on Mum calls for me and we leave the village with everyone else. The air is silent and eerie as we leave. Once we get to the evacuation point we we’re told to wait there until they were told that it is safe.

I decide to sit down and think some more about today’s events. I start to think about Gaara and the more I think about it the more I realise that I can’t stay here while he’s in danger. About half an hour passes and I decide to make a plan to get out of here and find Gaara.

I get up and start to try and sneak away from Mum. However she could see me out of the corner of her eyes and grabs me by the hand with a tight grip that hurt so much that I can’t supress a cry.

No one did more than look at me with those same cold and hateful eyes. I am surrounded by them with no escape. When I look into Mum’s blue eyes all I see is anger like I’ve never seen before.

“And where do you think you’re going?” Mum asks with anger in her voice. This makes me pause for a second before talking.

“I’m going to get out of here and find Gaara!!” I shout at her full of determination. As all the eyes in the room focus on me yet again.

Mum doesn’t answer but just looks at me with an impatient look on her face. When I didn’t stand down and try to free myself her grip tightens drawing blood. Mum then raises her hand and slapping me across the face.

Pain and betrayal fills me as fall to the floor. Tears start streaming down my face at the pain of the glowing red hand mark on my face which burned so much that it was almost unbearable. Mum how could you? I thought as I look at the ground.

Through the tear I look up at mum in shock at what had just happened. I then look at the other people in the room and see a glint of satisfaction in their eyes.

Sayuri POV

What have I done!?!? I just can’t do anything right today? I thought with tear forming in my eyes. I quickly push them back before anyone sees.

 I look at my shaking hand with terror on my face at what I just did. My tingling hand as a temporary reminder of what I just did.

An hour later we were told that we could go home. Neither of us speaks when we get home and head to our rooms to get some sleep. I get into my bed clothes and slip under the covers.

 I can hear Hikari crying quietly next door when I close my eyes and drift off into sleep my is filled with nightmares about that moment as well as the one about Gaara lying dead on the floor and it being all my fault.