Chapter 12 The realistic nightmare and grief

Hikari POV

The forced sleep that is attached to me fills my head with images of my Mum lying dead on the floor with the ground soaked in her blood lying beneath her. These are the nightmares which fill my night with absolute misery.

A gentle light touches my face stirring me from my induced sleep. I come to wondering why I am lying on the living room floor. That dream was awful, thank god that wasn’t real I thought. I get up stiff from sleeping in such an awkward position. I take a look at the room confused as to why it looks like a tornado hit, then my eyes land on Mum who is lying on the floor just as I was. I walk over and kneel down to shake her awake. She was supposed to leave for work soon…hang on why won’t she wake up? I thought.

I turn her over to see her clothes soaked in blood and a fatal wound to her lungs. Grief takes its hold on me as I just sit there in shock realising that last night’s dream was real.

After I finish crying my eyes look at the room to see if there is anything else that I should have noticed. Fear and shock strike me when I see the shinobi who killed my mother lying dead on the floor. There were signs that they had coughed up blood. The thing that freaks me out the most is there eyes; they look like they were blinded before they were killed.

Why am I still alive when everyone else around me lies dead? I thought still the prisoner of shock. My life just seemed to fall apart around me.