Chapter 1 - Bumping Into Tyler + Joshua

Chapter 1

Caroline's POV

"Rebecca, can we go to our locker quickly?" I ask while turning on my phone.

"Sure I need to put something in as well." Rebecca replies while we turn round the corner to our locker.

I quickly take out my jumper and my earphones while Rebecca puts her books in and takes her jacket out. When I'm about to shut the locker, I find a piece of paper stuck to Rebecca's art book. I take it and read what is on it. "Winter Gala 18th December from 7:00 - Midnight!"

"That is in 2 weeks time!" I panic. But Rebecca is just standing there like she is not bothered when she notices me looking at her. "Yeah, it's in 2 weeks time, I was going to tell you but I totally forgot, sorry Caroline." Right now I feel like screaming at her for not telling me but there's a feeling inside me that's telling me not to, so instead I say "It's ok Rebecca, but next time remember to tell me when you find out about anything like this. So... what are you going to wear?"

"To be honest I don't know if I'm going yet because I haven't got anyone to go with." Rebecca replied. "Ok then, let's go before we get home late." I said while we start walking. When we are walking around the corner we see 2 boys walking towards us and we bump into each other. Rebecca was perfectly fine in 1 of the boys arm while I fall onto the other boy and I can smell the lovely scent that I think I have smelt before.

We all start laughing until the boy that was holding onto me says "Are you ok?" and I reply to his question by saying "mhmm" because I was lost in his lovely scent. The boy holding onto Rebecca says "I'm Tyler and this is Joshua. Me and Joshua have been friends since little. Oh sorry ummm what are your names?"

Rebecca holds onto Tyler and she says "I'm Rebecca and this is my best friend Caroline." Rebecca looks at me and then whispers something in Tyler's ear. "I think Caroline is in love with Joshua." And then Tyler nods his head and then remembers that there is the Winter Gala in 2 weeks and he says "So... Rebecca, do you want to go with me to the Winter Gala?"

Rebecca blushes and says "Yes!" and then Rebecca and Tyler smiles at each other and then Rebecca asks Joshua "Joshua are you going with anyone to the Winter Gala?" and Joshua replies "No but I have someone in mind" and then Rebecca and Tyler both says "Who?" and then they all laugh apart from me.

I was hoping that the person that Joshua wants to go with is me. Then Joshua says he wants to talk to me privately.

So we walk to the corner and he asks me "Are you going with anyone to the Winter Gala?" and I reply "No why?" and then he says "I was wondering if you would want to go with me to the Winter Gala?"

---

Lucky you Caroline. Thanks for reading guys, could you please comment on my first chapter?