Chapter 13 - Ice Skating

Chapter 13

Liam’s POV

I woke up today with this feeling that something was going to happen. I shook off the thought and went to shower. After showering I noticed that no one was awake in the house. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast for them as I know Niall will come down soon. I remember when I joked around with him and said “No food for 2 minutes.” You should have seen his face. He formed his lips in a ‘o’ shape and I couldn’t stop laughing. “LEEYUM I LOVE YOU!” Niall screamed running towards me. I dodged out the way and regretted it straight away. Niall crashed right into the pan burning his hand. “OWW!” he cried. I quickly took him over to the water and washed his hands in the cold water. I went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit but it was closed. I knew who was in there. “ZAYN MALIK! GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF THAT BATHROOM NOW OR YOU’LL REGRET IT.” I screamed at him and quickly he opened the door. I went to get the first aid kit and walked out. “Enjoy.” I said and he looked at me with wide eyes. “What?” I asked and he shook his head. I ran downstairs to see Niall stuffing his face. “NIALL!” I screamed at him. He turned around to face me with a stuffed face. “Yweah?” he said with a stuffed mouth. I grabbed him and went to the sink once again and washed his hands. I sat him down on the counter and started wrapping a bandage around his hand. It looked pretty bad. “I’m sorry Nialler.” I whispered. He turned his head away jokingly. “Niall, don’t ignore me please.” I said. He turned his head more (if that is even possible) and ignored me. I couldn’t take it when the boys ignore me, especially Niall. Tears were streaming down my face because I have hurt Niall, but I didn’t mean it. “I swear I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I said aloud accidently. He looked towards me with wide eyes. I didn’t want him to see me like this so I walked to my room. I locked the door and slid down it, crying my eyes out.

Niall’s POV

I couldn’t ignore him; he was my best friend + band mate. He was talking to himself when he said “I swear I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I turned around and noticed that he was crying. I didn’t mean to make him upset like this. He didn’t want me to see him like this so he walked to his room. I heard him lock it but I kept knocking on the door. “Go away please.” Liam said whilst sniffing. “Leeyuuuum.” I whined. He knew he couldn’t take it when I whined like that, so any minute now, he would open his door. “3… 2… 1…” I whispered to myself. At that moment, Liam’s door opened and I noticed his red, puffy eyes. “LEEYUM!” I screamed and ran to hug him. “I’m sorry Liam; I was only joking when I was ignoring you. Please don’t cry, you hardly ever cry.” I said to him which caused us both to cry. He wrapped his arms around me safely. I felt safe in his arms. “I hurt you Niall. I deserve it if you ignore me or even hate me.” He whispered to me. I shook my head violently. “I don’t hate you Liam you know I love you. You are so mature, protective and an amazing singer. Don’t change please.” I said to him which was true because I did love him. Wait... that sounded a bit… gay. Did I like Liam like that? I look up at Liam and noticed that his eyes were shining and sparks were going through me when I touched his arm. “Did you feel that?” Liam asked. I nodded my head and he froze. “Niall.” He said quietly. I looked up at him while he carries on talking. “I don’t know what this is, but when I’m around you, I feel extra happy, I feel sparks when we touch, I dream about you all the time in the night and I think... I… love… you more than a best friend. More than a band mate.” He finished and I looked shocked. “I know you’re going to hate me now.” He said looking away. I lifted his chin up so that he looks at me but he closes his eyes. “Open your eyes Liam.” I said to him. He did what I said and I leaned in and kissed him on the lips. Sparks, rainbows and unicorns is all I can feel and see. When I pulled back he looked really happy. “Sparks, rainbows and unicorns are all I saw and felt.” He whispered to me. I looked shocked because that is what I felt and saw. I wrapped my arms around him into a hug. He pecked my lips one more time before walking into the bathroom probably gone to fix his hair. I quickly fixed my hair and went out to the kitchen.