Chapter 3

She decided to go for a run it had been awhile since she had a day to herself. She pulled her long hair back into a high ponytail it hung down in the most perfect curl. She grabbed her iPod and keys off the counter and started jogging out the door. Her body lost in the rhythm and movement as her feet glided along the ground. The wind blowing against her face. The moment the next song came on her body jolted to a sudden stop. "I'm giving you the x's x's I'm giving you the o's-" was it, it couldn't be her heart stopped beating OMG. The stranger who saved her life, his voice dancing in her head once more. How could she have not realized , that same devilish smile It all made sense.

Leaving a quick note on the counter for Keaton "out for a jog - Wes". he sped down the sidewalk and headed toward the same busy street where he first encountered Rian. He didn't want to admit he was hoping to see her again. The sun beaming down onto his shirtless body he Watched the clouds drift by. His body dripping In sweat, his heart pounding at a fast rate. He quickly bent down to retie his shoe. There she came speeding down the sidewalk not really paying attention to her surroundings she tripped over his body and landed straight on her ass. "Ow fuck! I'm sor-"

There it was that damn smile again. "Hi again we really got to stop meeting like this" "Wesley! good to see you" "you to- ow!" reaching his arm up to shake her hand his body shifted as he grabbed his left arm with his right. Wincing in pain trying not to show it " good to see you too" "oh my are you okay?" "Never better babe, you just tripped over my arm." "I'm so sorry" reaching out to grab his arm. Their eyes locked. There it was that crazy feeling again. "Let me help you" he grabbed her hand and lifted her up like she was nothing. Than letting her go quickly to grab his arm. "Is there anything I can do" the sympathetic look in her eye. Dammit she was beautiful.

"How about a coffee?" "On me!" She quickly replied without hesitation completely dismissing the mer idea of jake from her mind. Wes was standing right in front of her in pain because of what she did, he saved her life it was only fair. At least that's what she thought to make herself feel better about the whole thing; she knew it was wrong but damn did it ever feel so right.

"So tell me about yourself." His smile. If looks could kill that would be one of them. "What do you want to know?" "Everything." He shot her a daring wink. Dammit he was good. So good. "well I uh-" shit! it was over her two worlds about to collide and crash into a million pieces. Jake. Quickly climbing out of her chair "I uh bathroom." Before he could reply she was gone. Phew that was close.

" hey uh just a large coffee. Black." "Thanks" jake reached for his coffee and was about to head out the door when Wes caught his eye, "hey your that singer dude. My girl friend listens to your music" "she has good taste"

Did she ever

"Well I gotta run nice meeting you." "Likewise"

She waited a few minutes. She figured it was safe she slowly made Her way to the table. "Back" "hi cutie" shit he made her blush.

"Wes I have something to tell you I-" but she was interrupted. "Dude sublime! This is my jam" "OMG right I listen to them all the time but my boyfriend thinks their totally lame.." Oops. She just blurted it out just like that. Hopefully he didn't hear she wasn't ready not yet. "BOYFRIEND?!" Shouting so loud almost the whole restaurant turned to look at them. "Sorry I was trying to tell you," "forget it.." He slammed a hand full of money on the table. And walked out. she lost her chance before she even had one.