7. Lips

For the first three school breaks, they failed to talk to each other... But no, they managed to look at each other.

It's not that Taehyung sat proudly in front of his class door. It's not that Jungkook walked randomly in front of Taehyung's class, supposedly thinking of something else. Loud steps, following a certain rhythm.

Listen to my steps...listen, I can walk mightily...hard. I can break the floor.

Jungkook knows he should not go unnoticed, he knows he has to stay indifferent too.

There's an awkwardness in the air; almost ready to choke them, almost ready to make them cough, so they can finally hear each other in the hallway.

Out of the corner of his eye, Taehyung is looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook knows he's looking at him, he knows that Taehyung will like what he is wearing today (black satin shirt and blue jeans) and his soft well-groomed hair.

There's no reason for talking. Absolutely no reason at all. They just sat in the cafeteria once, after Taehyung first acted like the time was chasing him. He was in a hurry, and what's the reason for it? Jungkook should be the one in a hurry, he had a dance lesson after all.

No. Jungkook doesn't run, most of the times he prefers to stay back. Maybe it's better that way. Maybe because in the past he was running too forward, passing the rest while smiling for that. Laughing with proudness; in the end, he was falling off the cliff alone. It's scary to fall alone...

One more step and Jungkook doesn't just think about the cafeteria he went with Taehyung, he remembers well how Taehyung closed his eyes with those big hands. Hands cold and long, he wonders how they could be so cold when it was too warm inside the museum...the atmosphere does not touch his skin.

The same fingers touched Jungkook's mouth too... It felt like Taehyung's fingerprints stayed on his own lips, and Jungkook has no guilt to erasing them with his tongue and swallow them with his saliva.

The steps are now lost from Taehyung's ears. Jungkook is no longer here but what does it feel wrong?... All this time he didn't just heard his steps but something else too; that sound isn't made by his shoes.

There's a ring down there... it wants Taehyung's hands to pick it up or it just has to stay on the floor. He wonders how many memories this object has... or maybe it is kinda new and didn't saw many pictures of this big world yet and now it's Tae's turn to touch it with his fingers that carry a lot of moments and guiltiness painted with ink, traveling deep in the flesh until meeting his blood.

He comes closer and lifts it, examines it in every corner and... What is this? There are some numbers and words on the ring.

September 1

What important happened that day? Maybe it's just his birthday?

He has other things to ask for first...

That ring is a chance to go search out for Jungkook and give it to him...but...

Maybe he wished for that? He is confused... he can't put in a line his own thoughts.

Taehyung thinks how it is possible that Jungkook didn't hear the ring hitting the floor... He didn't even feel the emptiness on his finger. Maybe he did it on purpose... Oh, God.

The only thing he really does is sitting in the corner of the hallway while his thoughts are dancing and mocking him in front of his eyes.

--------------------