Chapter 1

"Erica, Evan, can the both of you get up please, it's the first day of school!" I heard my mom shout, oh the joys of school. Now normally I wouldn't get up but I've been awake hours, I'm worried about my pregnancy. I really can't believe that I, Erica Hansen slept with Connor Murphy and ended up pregnant. I was sure that you couldn't get pregnant till you were eighteen. I stood staring into the mirror at my non-existent baby bump. The worst part is, I am the only person who knows. I was scared to tell Connor so I spent the whole summer avoiding him and his messages. I then remember the day that I wanted to tell him but ended up not because I got a text from Zoe that shocked me. It read; "Congratulations Erica, Connor believes that you ended things and didn't tell him.Now he is on drugs again and this is all because you are a little girl who needs to grow up and stop screwing with guys who actually care about you." 

I can't possibly let this baby have a father that takes drugs, I love Connor I do and that text was sent three weeks after I found out that I was pregnant. The more I think about the baby, the more I think of myself. I mean my dad left when I was six years old and I missed him, I still do. This baby needs a father and if I can change Connor and bring him back then maybe... maybe we can be a family again. I was snapped out of my train of thought by my mom knocking on my door. 

"Erica, come on please... you're going to be late." I sighed, threw on my jacket, grabbed my backpack and phone off the side. Then left for school not before hugging my mom goodbye. It turns out that my brother left without me. You see this is why I don't communicate with him because he is not a guy that acts like a normal brother, I don't even know if there is such thing as a normal sibling these days, I really don't. 

Normally around this time, Zoe would pull up her car and offer me a ride but I saw her go straight past me with Connor, on cloud nine. Oh, today is going to be a bad day and here's why; Today, you need to fix your boyfriend and it looks impossible. I tried to keep calm as I approached the school gates, I cannot do this, I really can't. However, I have to try. I stepped into the parking lot to see Zoe parking up her car, how is she still parking that car, it's as if she was waiting for me. Yet I wonder why she would?

 She noticed me staring and rolled her eyes. I decided to run inside because I wasn't ready to talk to her. Not right now. Today, I want to talk to Connor and remain invisible to everyone else. Although, that dream was short lived because I ended up having my back shoved against the lockers. I looked to see the face of Zoe Murphy. Oh, this can't be good.