Chapter 14

Luckily mom was home when I arrived and Zoe had already left. The next morning went pretty normal until Danielle was awoken from her sleep by Evan and someone he was talking loudly too.This has become a regular thing, always talking to someone. Thinking about this became deep, especially since I began to wonder. Why did he start the Connor Project? Why did he do the assembly? This is the thing that's confusing. Evan never used to speak to people that he doesn't know, I knew he liked Zoe, but why start now with being in her life? I really don’t get it. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I only just noticed my mom entering my room out of the corner of my eye, “Erica, remember to wait for me at The Murphys after school.” she said,  I nodded as I was still deep in thought but then it hit me and I was soon brought back to reality. Why do I need to wait for her? Why is she coming to The Murphys? I jumped up with Danielle and ran downstairs. 

“Mom, Why are you going to The Murphy's, I can get Danielle myself, you don’t need to be there. I mean that nicely” She just shook her head and smiled a little bit, I'm glad she's smiling because I’m confused. She turned to me and in a questionable tone responded with “Zoe had the idea to get both families together and become friends over a small dinner, nothing to fancy” I was now becoming even more surprised that it was Zoe who had organised this. I don't know why, we aren't even friends anymore and unless Evan is proposing, (which I highly doubt may I add) therefore there is no reason for our families to meet. I mean unless Zoe is pregnant but as far as I know Evan still is a… … wait… they were alone last night… No Erica, don't even think about it. I just pulled out my phone and called Zoe, clearly forgetting that we weren't even friends.

“Hi, unless this is an actual Danielle update or a question about the dinner or our friendship then you have to hang up because I don’t want to fight with you anymore.” Ok, Zoe was pretty blunt this morning. “Zolo, I'm sorry first of all and second of all, are you pregnant, is someone proposing or both?” I heard a laugh from the other line, she clearly thought this was a joke she calmed down and i heard “No, none of those things, i’ll explain at school or did you want to catch a ride” I smirked to myself and responded with confidence. “Yes, sure, I would love a ride. See you in 10” I hung up, picked up my bags along with Danielle and shouted whilst walking out the door “Bye mom.” Then I started the 10 minute walk to the Murphy's.

I did however think “Dear Erica Hansen, Today is going to be an interesting day and… you wished you knew why? Well I guess we’ll find out later.”