Chapter 7

I was relieved when the day ended, I mean who wouldn't want it to be over, I gained several new friends as did Zoe and everyone was buying me food, like what the actual hell, I just wanted to be alone or with Zoe. Having said this though, I still had to wait till Zoe was finished with band, I decided to spend this time doing something useful, I went into the computer lab and sat in the spot where... well... where Connor would sit and decided that I should write a letter to Connor even though he would never see it. "Dear Connor Murphy," I wrote. After writing that the words just flowed.

Dear Connor Murphy, the love of my life

Today is a terrible day and hears why, you aren't on earth anymore and that sucks. I miss you a lot, I can't believe you passed away and the way you went was terrible, I don't blame you for what happened, I guess it is partly my fault, I should've told you about the pregnancy. Oh, and I kissed Zoe and now we are a thing and I am telling you this... I don't know why. I loved you a lot Connor and miss you so much.I still want to know what all that was on your suicide note and why to my brother and why the hell was I not mentioned, did you not love me? You said all your hope was pinned on Zoe? What did you mean? I don't get it. Sorry, Connor.

Sincerely me,

Erica Hansen, your girl

I hit print and went to get it, I really did miss him and writing him a note made me feel better. I just sighed reading over it when a pair of arms made me jump as they wrapped around me, "Erica, it's me Zoe, its ok." I took a breath and leaned into her embrace for a few minutes, "You made me jump. I was thinking about Connor and then you were there almost as if you were waiting for the right moment." She just sighed and touched my little baby bump, "Sorry, when do we find out this little one's gender?" This girl really makes me laugh when it comes to my scans, I giggled and responded "Tomorrow, after school" I heard a small screech come from the girl who I was leaning on, she gets excited about all of my scans and it's like Zo, calm down.

Zoe then released and smiled "Ok, let's go and announce this baby to my parents" She chirped happily as she ran out to the car. I put my note to Connor in my bag and followed Zoe to the car, I was really nervous but I have to tell them. I took a deep breath and walked in to find my brother talking to the Murphys. Ok really, does he need to be here. "Evan, what are you doing here?" I asked, kind of surprised and he just responded with "E-mails." Did he really believe that we wanted to see the messages between himself and Connor? I was snapped out of my thoughts when Larry spoke up, "How was your first day back?" Now I was going to respond but Zoe was angry and responded for us both and then she did the one thing I didn't want her to do. "Terrific, everyone wants to be our friend, I am the dead kid's sister didn't you know? Erica, here is the dead kid's girlfriend who is now widowed and carrying his baby!"