Scene 56: An Icy Receival

A drop of blood splashes on the floor of a dim lift next to black boots. Delta (masked) stands in a nondescript though admittedly sizable service elevator, ramrod straight as it rattles up floor after floor, level numbers blinking by on the little screen above the buttons. The X levels pass by. Finally, it reaches Y1 and the elevator halts. The door dings open to a plain, pristine white cell. As he steps from the lift into the bright cell, his outfit shifts from black to white, revealing the bloodstains on his chest and gloves. The door slides closed behind him and a light scans him up and down, before beeping in confirmation. The ceiling whirs open and the floor moves up and up a vertical tunnel several floors high until the platform finally raises into a smooth white room with a ceiling that seems to glow in it's entirety and a band of slight sheen encircling the room.

There's a group of people waiting for him in white. In front of all of them stands a woman in a cream plague mask with dark reflective lenses and a silver-tipped beak. No one else is masked. The woman's hands are tucked neatly behind her back and she waits for Delta to come to a complete standstill before approaching, heels clicking. Delta's hands, already clenched at his sides, tighten. Another drop of blood drips from them. She reaches him, staring into the blank face of his featureless mask for a heavy moment.

Prometheus: [voice modulated] You're late.

Delta doesn't answer, just stares straight ahead at attention. She gives him a once over, noting his bleeding knuckles, the blood on the floor, before looking back to his face.

Prometheus: Go to the med bay. We'll do your debriefing after you've been treated.

She turns and leaves, while the rest of the people approach, surrounding him with unaffected expressions and data tablets, taking readings on his vitals. Delta's hands unclench.